Thread: Injectors Vs Fuel Pressure

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    At the end of log there was some idle data and it looked like IAC count of about 30 in drive and 15 in P, if you get them down just a little bit more it could help the idle quality... turn the throttle stop screw in 1/4 to 1/2 turn and check IAC counts again at end of next log. It's always good to leave a minute of Drive and a minute of Park at end of logs to check this. It's the only time the IAC counts should be used like this. Playing with idle timing when you get your tuning equipment is the other adjustment to smooth out idle.

My timing lights read differently from each other, go figure. So I am trusting the one without advance built in, and I had slightly retarded timing, about 4 degrees. So I set it back to zero, which means I am either at zero or plus 4.

I turned the idle screw in 1/4 turn, I get 1 to zero counts, is this too low? should I back it out an eighth?

I noticed, when I was out playing with the truck, if I come to a stop sometimes the manifolds have a slight glow, sometimes not. When I get a glow, it seems like it does it after coasting or going own a hill for a while. I did a 1/8 mile run and stopped right afterwards and there was no glow, but cruising through town to my house, I coast down a slight grade until I pull into alley and then my driveway, they will be glowing and stop glowing after idling for maybe 20-25 seconds. It' not like they are bright red, I am looking at them in the total dark. if there are street lights or anything too close I can't barely even see it glow. I hope it's something I will be able to tune out of it.

Thanks again.

BLG
    Attached Files Attached Files