Quote Originally Posted by jiho View Post
Yes, I know about BCCs. And BINs.

If Cardone has BINs they can program, why does RockAuto say it's Out of Stock and not offer any way to order? Cardone has no way to order.
I don't know why, I don't work for A1 Cardone or work for Rock Auto. Perhaps a phone call to A1 Cordone technical support would yield the requested information asked above.

The last time I purchased a chip from A1 Cardone (1986 Grand Am) was in 1998. As I recall, the chip I received had an A1 Cardone part number on it, not a factory BCC label. The 86 Grand Am uses a 2732 Chip (Type 3 in A1 Cardone Product Link). Starting in the late 80's GM incorporated the 27C256 & 27C512 chip inside the Memcal (Types 1 & 2 in the A1 Cardone Product Link). Perhaps for vehicle applications with Memcals, A1 Cardone only provides matching BCC Memcals?

Some gearhead-efi members, that have chip programming equipment, can reprogram a chip incorporated in the Memcal. For some gearhead-efi members finding the BCC .bin file for a specific vehicle application is all that is required to complete the project. The gearhead-efi BCC .bin library has helped many members since the site started! Admittedly not all BCC .bin files used by GM are in the gearhead-efi library.

BCC .bin files can purchased from TunerCats, but requires a VIN for the specific vehicle application. My most recent BBC .bin purchase ($25) from TunerCats was for a Fiero project (Cadillac 4.9 liter engine swap).

dave w