Thread: low BLM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Kitch, it would be ok with me if you solved the mystery before I do. I caught the act in the first part of this log, I didn't stab the throttle, I eased into 81% throttle and the timing goes the wrong wayvvvvvv.xdl

The vortecTest bin you last had above has a very minimal increase over stock on AEvs Map (lasts for about 0.1 of a second at first) and zero increases on AE vs Tps (takes over and lasts about 2 seconds). Even my really mild van with a 196 cam required some increases when vortec heads were put on. There is AE and PE. If it stays lean after about 2 seconds you may have to look at your PE.

"I would multiply the whole TPS AE table by 1.25 and the MAP AE table by 1.5 and see if that gets you closer. It is easier to trim back too much fuel than deal with the consequences of not having enough. The time in those tables is pulsewidth added asynchronous. The PCM drives the injectors both at the same time to deliver it. uSec is microseconds fwiw. From what I remember 1000 usec is 1 msec." Is the advice from Fast355 I started with for vortec heads. I dialed it back from here for my application but it was a start. Remember if you are lean after 2 seconds it is not AE any more, you need to look at PE.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ions-7747-help is a good thread to read too, even though it's not the same computer. They did get the short and long term AE mixed up though.

Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    didn't stab the throttle, I eased into 81% throttle and the timing goes the wrong way
    The spark table on your last bin shows as the vacuum drops so does the timing advance. This would be normal function. When you transition from light load to 80% throttle the timing should drop off to prevent knock.

Fuel Injected!
    I found the problem! I removed the Ostrich 2.0 and installed the harris memcal directly. It runs great compared to anything that went through the Ostich. I cant wait to build a chip and see what it will do with a proper tune. Where do I go from here? Do I buy the hardware to burn a chip after every datalog?

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry I haven't read back through everything, were you running a direct copy of the Harris chip from the Ostrich 2.0 or were you running different a modified file before you changed to just the Harris memcal?

Fuel Injected!
    Was running a different/downloaded bin through the Osrich. I removed the adapter, ribbon cable and ostrich from the truck and installed the chip that I bought from Harris into the pcm. No more 23,000 spark advance, it idles smooth and doesn’t stall, and has power again. But I’m back to running very rich.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm glad to have found the problem and would like to burn a chip. I have spent a lot of money because of the problem with the Ostrich and it looks like I'll be spending some more. What do I get from Moates to make it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    No more 23,000 spark advance,.
    That is not a ostrich problem it's a tuner pro bug and other software like 1320's android program that are based on the same files in software only at least in $0D. It can happen anytime the total timing goes to retard = lower than the initial advance. A quick comparison between the two bins you mention shows exactly why the 23,000 is not showing up with the Harris bin. It's got much higher total advance. You can duplicate the 23,000 bug almost constantly in tuner pro by mostly setting a very high initial advance and then having all the cells on the timing table set to less than that. I spent a lot of time to try to figure out that deal. It's a tuner pro glitch nothing more. I did not see you mention you never burned a chip before. I use the ostrich for one day and did find it buggy. One time it suddenly corrupted the bin file on the dyno so bad it would not run. I thought I had popped the computer, but once the ostrich was removed and the same file flashed to the real chip, it was fine again. It's good for trying different stuff in a hurry but its not the final word.
    Last edited by donf; 12-02-2019 at 05:07 PM.