Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: recommendations? 7747 help

Fuel Injected!

recommendations? 7747 help

This is what I have so far. Truck has been thru a lot lately, but I'll spare the details for now. What I have is a 355 SBC with LT1 roller cam, 90lb @13psi injectors, 454 TBI, early 80's Z28 Fbody 4bbl intake, Z28 exhaust manifolds, Dart sportsman II heads, 1.6 roller rockers, and 747 TBI. Looking for advice with my code, this is a street/offroad truck. It is an '89 S10 blazer 4x4 with 700R4, NP231 Tcase, 3.73 axles, sitting on 31"s right now. After doing a few rough tunes and fixing a few things I can't figure out why it is backfiring thru the intake when making rapid throttle increases. I have attached a short log as well as my bin, I started with AKAJ code as it was what I had available that seemed closest. Any and all input is welcomed. I am also curious as to why in tunerpro the 'spark advance from hack' seems to act as a counter between 0 -100. I am pretty concerned seeing advance above 50 and up to 100.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zefyr; 04-04-2013 at 05:21 PM.

AKAJ was superceeded to AMUR. That said for most 1227747 I use ADSU for auto trans.

I am also curious as to why in tunerpro the 'spark advance from hack' seems to act as a counter between 0 -100. I am pretty concerned seeing advance above 50 and up to 100.
    Until you apply the hack to the bin file and use it your looking at O2 cross counts.

Open TunerPRo and in Parameter Tree choose category, Open the Hack folder and apply BPW and Spark Advance hacks. Burn new chips and data will be there. These hacks take place of Prom ID and O2 cross counts in Data Stream. Do not use TPS% unless you are tracking something because it stops knock from working.

After doing a few rough tunes and fixing a few things I can't figure out why it is backfiring thru the intake when making rapid throttle increases.
    Need way more AE, sometimes double or more then stock with built engines. AE - TPS PW is short term and AE - MAP Long term.

Take a look at this thread.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...odified-engine

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Not much in tat one log I looked at is going to help with all those error codes set.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    "To datalog Spark Advance to data stream change 00BA to 0067. You must also use associated ADX file to veiw Spark Advance: $42-1227747-V4.adx
    Thanks to gregs78cam at GearHead-EFI.com
    This hac takes place of O2 cross counts in data stream!

Thanks to RBob:
    http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/tbi/210908-tuning-issue.html"

At what address? it doesnt say?

makes sense that the hack guage counts up though.

*edit* nevermind, duh. I seem to always answer my own question LOL
    Last edited by 34blazer; 04-05-2013 at 04:31 AM.
    '86 Grand National

Pretty cool, don't need hex address, the parameter is the hex address! It's there if you want to know, right click and Edit XDF.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Pretty cool, don't need hex address, the parameter is the hex address! It's there if you want to know, right click and Edit XDF.
    yeah I saw that right after I posted the question LMAO. also, where is the error codes in this adx? been awhile since ive messed with $42 and this adx is new to me.
    '86 Grand National

Item Lists and you have four choices, one is Error Codes.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    seems like the ECM needs to be reset since those codes were stored while adjusting base timing.
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    Got a few more short logs, no error codes were present. I haven't changed the fuel tables yet. I am kinda confused about something else with this code. It seems to be running my injectors above 100% duty cycle at times and at idle the duty cycle is about the same as it was with the 60lb injectors. Also reading thru the thread posted above, EagleMark, you say not to start with a bin that runs ASYNC fueling. I think I may be using one right now, as I see 'ASYNC Operation' turn on during decel on the dash display. I will reset the ECM before my next log. The SES light has not been on while logging if that makes any difference. oops
    Last edited by Zefyr; 04-05-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Async fueling on Decel/DFCO is fine and how it works.

Still have Error Code 42, 44 and the worst one 51 and now a Low Battery voltage as well. Have to clear stored codes by disconnecting power to ECM.

Spark Advance and BPW hacks have not been applied to that bin, so they won't work in data.

EGR is not turned off correctly.

To apply these EGR adjustments in Hex, open the Parameter and right click, Show Hex Values.

EGR - Max TPS to allow EGR On - *Min to disable!!*
    LOWER to MIN to disable.
    For data logging BLM to adjust VE this item turned off will give more accurate data.
    This can also be used to disable the EGR, just zero it and the EGR never gets requested.
    Also uncheck Code 32 to disable CEL.
    Hex set to 00 for off!

EGR - On Low VAC Kpa
    Set to hex FD to disable!

EGR - On Hi VAC Kpa
    Set to hex FF to disable!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Took the truck on a road trip today. Overheated like crazy on the freeway, but did really well on the trails. I'm pulling my plugs out in the morning to check them out and check out my water pump (autozone may have sold me the wrong pump). This truck has had an overheating problem since day one, and literally everything except the pump has been changed/upgraded, a certain lurker can verify that lol. Soon as I start cruising at 50 or more the temp climbs, even down hill. Now it can actually recover by pulling over and idling it back down. I am fairly certain that my manifolds were cherry red today, but it was hard to see in the sunlight.
    I wanted to make sure that I got my egr disabled properly, if you get a chance to take a look EagleMark. I am still searching for the exact culprit causing me to backfire under heavier loads 60-80 kpa at speed. Many thanks to both EagleMark and 34Blazer. I have to say I was not expecting to get sucked into reading so many threads here. lol I'm losing sleep over it all.

Fuel Injected!
    what type radiator are you using? I looked at your bin file bpw is set at 93 I don't know what it is suppose to be on v8s. when you get past 2500 rpms your blms go up into the 140s, even though you disabled the egr I would set the egr vs blm to 135 on the whole scale. then data log an see what happens,some one on here knows what the basic paules with sould be for you engine, mine is 181 but its a v6.you may have a radiator hose kinked a little, radiator parcule clogged,or not enough capacitte or your thought about the water pump spinning the wrong way.

Check the hoses. Does the lower hose have a spring in it to keep it from collapsing at higher rpm's?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    AKAJ was superceeded to AMUR. That said for most 1227747 I use ADSU for auto trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefyr View Post
    Took the truck on a road trip today. Overheated like crazy on the freeway, but did really well on the trails. I'm pulling my plugs out in the morning to check them out and check out my water pump (autozone may have sold me the wrong pump). This truck has had an overheating problem since day one, and literally everything except the pump has been changed/upgraded, a certain lurker can verify that lol. Soon as I start cruising at 50 or more the temp climbs, even down hill. Now it can actually recover by pulling over and idling it back down. I am fairly certain that my manifolds were cherry red today, but it was hard to see in the sunlight.
    I wanted to make sure that I got my egr disabled properly, if you get a chance to take a look EagleMark. I am still searching for the exact culprit causing me to backfire under heavier loads 60-80 kpa at speed. Many thanks to both EagleMark and 34Blazer. I have to say I was not expecting to get sucked into reading so many threads here. lol I'm losing sleep over it all.
    Looks like EGR is disabled properly! If you want to go a step further change the entire "EGR - VE Comp Table" to 1.00

Looking at your log when your under load you go down to 4 degrees timing... compared your bin to ASDU and it has much better timing table.. although still needs much improvement.

Looks like you added some TPS AE at higher levels but missed lower even if it was needed? TPS AE is very short term, MAP AE is long term and may help with some timing.

You've got a TCC issue! Just goes on and off constantly at highway speed...

That should really not get hot at highway speed and cool of at idle like that? I've seen that before with no thermostat or bad thermostat... AutoZone is not known for good parts...

Also your bin is an Open Loop idle so BLM numbers are not going to help adjusting VE table.

Here's a bin with decent spark table if you want to try it, EGR, Lean Cruise, Air is off. Closed loop idle on...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    the NBO2 sensor cools off too much causing the ECM to go into open loop at idle, no cat on there.
    '86 Grand National