Thread: New to EFi

Carb and Points!

New to EFi

Hello, I have been a hot rodder for over 25 years.I was carburetor guy.I had tunnel rams ,vw's with dual carbs and even a triple carb set up.In my older age I have come to love EFI.I guess all the bad times with carburetors have changed me.Being a GM man I like TBI for every day driving.I love TPI for performance.Im not a fan of LS1.I just like the old small block Chevy.I have a couple 93 chevy trucks(2 pick ups and a blazer).I want to change the TBI to TPI and still keep the 4l60e trans.I thought about changing the trans to a 700r4 but I like the 4l60e.Also my oldest boy just did a TBI swap in a 67 chevelle and he wants to ditch the egr programing in the ecm.So i have come here to learn.

There is the option of upgrading the 93 ~ 95 PCM to run TPI. So it's possible to keep the wiring, computer, and 4L60E from the 93 GM pickup and upgrade to TPI. There is some homework involved. The attached .zip file outlines what computer modifications are needed to use TPI with a 93 GM pickup 4L60E computer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carb and Points!
    Thanks dave w.That some good info.Any idea on an EGR delete on an old chevelle?

Quote Originally Posted by greasegrenade View Post
    Thanks dave w.That some good info.Any idea on an EGR delete on an old chevelle?
    Can you post the .bin file that is being used in the Chevelle? Basically, the chip needs to be re-programmed.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Last edited by greasegrenade; 01-20-2014 at 07:54 AM.

ADSU is from the 1227747 ECM mask ID $42. It's a three part change to disable the EGR in that one, normally just one change. But I wrote a patch to apply it in TunerPro XDF file and it will do the process in one step. Then have to turn off the EGR error code 32. and burn a new chip.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Lots of good information here for the 1227747: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

dave w