Thread: code help...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator
    there is a 68000 programmers manual out there... probably on the freescale site, if i had to guess. it goes quite in-depth as to how the processor works.

the issue i have is trying to understand the assembly.... there are a LOT of registers to try and keep track of, something like 8 16-bit data registers and 8 index registers?

if you could somehow step a level above assembly, then it would be much more manageable, but as-is, there is just so much information to keep in mind(in your mental stack, as it were).
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    just ordered this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

a couple of hours ago, I imagine that will help alot. the nice thing is, right now, I'm not looking for the tables, the ones I need have, for the most part already been found, I just want to change the resolution, so the PCM can maintain control beyond 6400 RPM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    there is a 68000 programmers manual out there... probably on the freescale site, if i had to guess. it goes quite in-depth as to how the processor works.

the issue i have is trying to understand the assembly.... there are a LOT of registers to try and keep track of, something like 8 16-bit data registers and 8 index registers?

if you could somehow step a level above assembly, then it would be much more manageable, but as-is, there is just so much information to keep in mind(in your mental stack, as it were).
    http://www.freescale.com/search?q=68...=-1&rc=1&hl=en

bunch of data here, I'll start sorting this stuff out, maybe I'll be able to make more sense of it.