Thread: just getting started - tbi with old school edelbrock efi conversion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerAddict View Post
    Okay guys, I've gotten to mess with it today, and now I need some questions answered.

First, will the truck start and drive without a chip?

I'm fairly certain I figured out how to read the chip....after the G2 is inserted soldered into the board, can the 24 pin chip be inserted into the ZIF and be read to copy the chip? Some part of the green instructions say that the chip just needs to be moved all the way to the back so all unused pin slots are in the front. So, would it say it copied the chip if it really didn't?

Okay, next issue to clear up. We COULD NOT get the simultaneous data-logging and emulation to work at all. I messed with it every single iteration I could and it would never connect on the DAQ side of it. Emulation would work. WHat is the deal there? I was able to get the data-logging feature to work by itself earlier in the day. I was using the correct .ADX file.

Then, My last question - just to clarify. Are you guys saying I should be able to get a '7730 ECM and use that bin, and the thing should run just fine, plenty of power and everything? It looks like that was on an early 3.1 EFI - was that a batch-fire like this is?

Thanks again!
    350 V8 memcals for the 7730 have pretty much dried up. I searched about 3-4 years ago and had to settle for a 305 Memcal which did not have the correct Knock filter installed for the 350.

Repinning the harness for the 7730 would not be too difficult after acquiring the yellow connector, but I doubt it would fit in the stock ECM location on a 90 Suburban as it is dimensionally larger than the 7747.

I would go with the EBL Flash with PFI mod. So much easier to tune, plugs right into the stock harness, no chips to burn, and much better datalogging. You will never get anywhere with the 160 baud ECM.

Other than the EBL, you could also swap to the 7427, with a PFI moded memcal and injector sense resistors bypassed.
    Last edited by Fast355; 09-08-2013 at 06:49 AM.