Wanted to post some updates.

I have been working with dave w and with his tuning skills he has gotten everything sorted out and running real good now. However during this 6 month ordeal I have learned that the tuning process can last as long as you want to keep messing with it. Dave has been very patent with me and between him and this forum I now have a pretty basic understanding of the tuning process. Well at least on my 7747 ecm.
It is so funny now because everywhere I go in the Jeep, whoever is riding shoot gun has a lap top in their lap recording data with TunerPro.

I just recently started really understanding Dave’s method of tuning using excel and decided to get a Burn2 so that I can start burning my on chips.

Dave sold me a used ecm with the chip adapter already soldered in it and a since I wasn’t running a knock sensor he sent me a sensor and ESC. This past weekend I got it all installed, it will be a big help if I decide to start playing with timing tables.

Along the way I have had to address a lot of small issues; like building an adjustable regulator with correct spring, machined a TBI adapter to replace the vacuum leaking one I had and replaced a worn-out distributor. Plus I have had somewhat of a cooling issue ever since I put the 350 in the Jeep and it only got worst with the new engine. I had been running an aluminum 2 row cross flow radiator with an electric fan. But over the weekend after some mods to the grill shell I replaced it with a new aluminum 3 row down flow with an external trans cooler and a stock clutch fan. Then I had to build a custom 2 piece aluminum shroud. Hopefully my cooling woes are over with.

Here are some pics of some of the things I have done or had to build.

Adjustable regulator I made

TBI Adapter I machined

ECU mounted in my console I built

With wire cover installed

With the ECU cover installed

ESC and knock sensor installed with brass elbow

New Radiator install

I had to cut the mounting tabs off of new radiator and weld on new ones to fit the grill

I had to trim some out of the grill so that I could mount the radiator more forward and have plenty of room to run a stock fan.

Welded some tabs on the back of the grill so that I could mount the trans cooler directly to the grill

The 2 piece shroud I built mounted to the radiator

I still have a pair of Dana 60 I narrowed 5 “ with all the hardcore goodies installed waiting to go under it. This summer will make 4 years since I have gotten to go wheeling around Silverton Colorado. Next year I will be there.