Force them? 1project2many said this was like children, instruct them?

Wow 2 differant teachers!

When I first started looking at ASM files all I was intrested in was the memory loactions so I could add things to XDF. (Correct, memory?) Then it started sinking in that memory was not always the answer because of accumulaters... but really the workbench was where I needed to be... just a few hours after a couple posts from you guys and it's all making sense (although got very complicated).

I don't want to slow you guys down... but... is there a point I have to start trying to use a dissasmbler and assembler again? First shots were horrible... and what to use? I've read about a lot of programs, some won't even run in windows. Why does no one recomend TunerCat dissasembler? Seems to be designed for these?

When I learned HTML/CGI etc needed for websites I did it the old fasion way, typing code in notpad. WYSIWYG made things go faster years later but many times I could type in the code I wanted faster then finding the right button. Glad I actually learned it and not how to use a software program.

Making cars run better is my intrest, I'm more intrested in data coming out of car, back to this, I need to know why and how? I've tempted this a few times before and backed away because of the learning curve and time. But it keeps coming back as software just does not have all paremeters and sometimes I need to know how they work. $42 started like any other mask, just the basics, now it has more paremeters then LT1 $EE, Vortec 96, 97 98-00. Heck it's got stuff I'd like to use in my LS 0411 PCM that has not been included in expensive tuning software! WIthout a ASM, I can't add things! So I'm back here again, always seemed to get away from this because of available ASM files and learning enough how to find and add what I need.

Back to Vortec for instance, everyone siad it can't be tuned right? Well I found dimented247 98 vortec ASM and guess what? All the missing paremeters are there! No on'es ever put them into a mask. This is my real goal! Masks!

Direction/suggestions?