Thread: 7747 help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!
    So i got some Dataloging in last night. i used tuner pro rt with the auto prom. When i stopped the recording It asked to save so I saved it to the desktop of my laptop. I then put that file on a thumb drive to move to my computer desktop with excel to use the spreadsheet calculator. When I opened the file in tuner pro on my desktop I had to play the file to get the history to fill in. However it does not match my laptop that used to datalog. Anyone know whats going on there? also to get the history to fill in i had to push the play button several times and it slowly filled in. I'm I doing something wrong? It was saved as a .XDL file. I tried to export the file from the laptop to a thumb drive and it saved it as an excel file. Any suggestions?

It did run great compared to before. No hesitations and the blm numbers don't look that bad so far.

Post the log and I will take a look. Usually trying to open a file in something other than what created it can cause file associations to change, they may need to be reset
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_in_dorris View Post
    Post the log and I will take a look. Usually trying to open a file in something other than what created it can cause file associations to change, they may need to be reset
    It won't let me upload the excel file. It has a .csv ending to it. My concern it that it doesn't match the laptop ( this file is from the desktop ) thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Do you have the same adx file open in both program instances? I'm not sure if this affects the log or not but with having to play it back I wouldn't be surprised if it does. I've always exported the log to a CSV or XL file before closing it so I've never re-opened a log file to look at it again.
    I do. They both have identical stuff except excel. I am running it thru parallels on the mac though.

Electronic Ignition!
    this one is from the laptop. the actual one saved after the recording stopped

files are the same size so I must e doing something wrong on the desktop end

Ok, I will get too it in the next couple of days. I haven't even turned my desktop on this week.

Electronic Ignition!
    Right on Much appreciated. Yeah i'm kinda down myself over the next few days. All but 1 of my kids are coming home for xmas.

Okay, I see a couple of things in your log. First, the BLMs aren't too bad for sitting at idle. Your knock counter is working, and when you rev the motor, you do get an increase in knock counts, but nothing serious, so don't worry about it. I am not aware of any vehicle that does 200+ mph in park, so that is strange. and lastly, your IAC counts look high for idle. my truck sits at ~3 counts at idle. your is 47-48, a little high. I would work on getting that down first. try an IAC relearn first. You also may have the blades on the TB closed too far if you fiddled with that.

Electronic Ignition!
    Great thanks! The idle did start to go high all of a sudden. I'll do the relearn and check that out. I did notice when I come to a stop it wants to jump in rpm and then it slowly comes back down to around 800. This is a manual sm465 4 speed. So not sure how to turn the park neutral off. Also I have auto meter gauges and I used there VSS and was reading somewhere it was to many pulses and there was a way to fix it and still use the 16 pulses for the speedo and get 2 for the ecm but for the life of me i can't find where I read it. Can you tell me how you opened the file and read it? I can't seam to get all the data to load. Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    Do you have the same adx file open in both program instances? I'm not sure if this affects the log or not but with having to play it back I wouldn't be surprised if it does. I've always exported the log to a CSV or XL file before closing it so I've never re-opened a log file to look at it again.