Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
I had started working on the COS 1, but then switched over to trying to get the ADX to work correctly for data logging. Will get back on the COS 1.Regarding the oil leak ....What timing cover are you using ?The original SBC and the later "Vortec" version have slightly different timing cover mounting surfaces. If you are trying to use an OEM plastic Vortec timing cover on an original SBC, it will leak (unless you also use about a pound of silicone sealer !).EFI Connection offers a modified OEM plastic cover for use with a SBC (that should not leak).
I'm using the EFI connection one on a 400SBC block. We put a fairly liberal amount of RTV sealer on it, but it may have just been a bit too much oil in the pan and pressure blew it out.I'll tool around with the program and see what I can find. I'm still deciding if it would be a better idea to put a SOP socket on the PCM instead of soldering the flash chip back on, but I suppose once the COS1 is on there I can reflash the tune with the Flash tool so long as the OS stays the same.Did you have just a stock COS1 or any COS1 BIN file I can use to load onto the chip and see if I get the PCM working again, then we can flash the tune on when you get the time to work on it?