Thread: My twin supercharged tbi 350 miata build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn1989 View Post
    Ok, about the single belt......

Can i run it like this without any problems? [comes in contact with the waterpump twice]

IF so, i can pick up another belt right now; all i would need to do is add another idler where the red dot is.

How about this: Instead of wrapping the belt around the idler below the red dot, bring the belt up and wrap it around the alternator? This will provide more alternator contact and close to 180 degrees contact on the bottom of the water pump. The belt would run straight from the top of one supercharger pulley to the next. You could add another idler near the alternator bracket to bring the belt down between the superchargers if needed. You might also lock out one of the spring loaded tensioners. I'm not certain but the two of them could work against one another and cause problems.
    Last edited by Roadknee; 03-12-2015 at 06:08 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadknee View Post
    How about this: Instead of wrapping the belt around the idler below the red dot, bring the belt up and wrap it around the alternator? This will provide more alternator contact and close to 180 degrees contact on the bottom of the water pump. The belt would run straight from the top of one supercharger pulley to the next. You could add another idler near the alternator bracket to bring the belt down between the superchargers if needed. You might also lock out one of the spring loaded tensioners. I'm not certain but the two of them could work against one another and cause problems.
    can you edit the original in paint and show me what you mean by that?
    the way that i see it, is too big of a gap for the supercharger span so another idler would be needed.