Thread: I had ARJU Prom chip for the 12277474 ECM but it is gone, can I use an ASDU?

Electronic Ignition!

I had ARJU Prom chip for the 12277474 ECM but it is gone, can I use an ASDU?

Can I use any of the listed 'K' engine Prom chips for the 1227747 ECM ??

ACSU, ACSW, AKAL, AKAJ, AKAR, AMUR, ANLW, ANLX, ANLZ, ARHT, ARJT, ARJU, ASDU, ASDW, ASDZ, …

Or must I have the original ARJU that came with the engine?* That one is for Cali but I live in AZ.* I actually don't have the ARJU anymore, I have an ASDU.

I have a '90 GMC Sierra 1500 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive truck. It has a 5.7L TBI, a R700 auto tranny
    Sincerely Jon Doex

California is the devil to automobiles!!!

Well yes and no, some of those are for manual trans, some are 4x4, some are supreceeded to newer. ASDU is the latest FED for auto trans, ASDZ is the devil version for auto trans. If your truck was made for the devil it probably has an Air Pump, just use ASDU and turn the tempreture down from max, match to ASDZ and the air pump will work....

To look up bins try BCC Find:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/BCCFind/

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    Actually, No! There isn't an air pump on it. Of course it's a swap by a previous owner who could've removed it but I "think" not.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    California is the devil to automobiles!!!

Well yes and no, some of those are for manual trans, some are 4x4, some are supreceeded to newer. ASDU is the latest FED for auto trans, ASDZ is the devil version for auto trans. If your truck was made for the devil it probably has an Air Pump, just use ASDU and turn the tempreture down from max, match to ASDZ and the air pump will work....