Thread: 7747 ANTY - Help the new guy!

Carb and Points!

7747 ANTY - Help the new guy!

Hi all. I'm new to posting on this forum so have some patience with the new guy

I am writing in hopes someone can help me understand more about the ECU that I recently installed on my 86 GMC K1500 w/ 700R4 transmission. I swapped in a 7.4L from a 92 Suburban and am planning to control it with a 7747 "ANTY" computer and harness from an 89 Suburban (VIN: 1GKGR26N3KF532950). I have almost everything wired up and am hoping to try starting it up this week sometime.

Thoughts? I have a good understanding of EFI components and welcome any thoughts/suggestions.

A couple other questions:
    1. Can the 422-TAN/BLK wire (A7 pin) control the TCC on my 700R4? (the 89 suburban came with a TH400)
    2. Will this ECU accept a knock sensor input with it's existing programming? (The 89 suburban did not have a knock sensor or ESC module installed, but the 92 motor came with a knock sensor)

Thanks again, I look forward to learning more about GM EFI!

ANTY has been superceded to AZFT. Both are for TH 400, I don't think a 700R4 ever came behind a 7.4L or will it last long without some upgrades? The ECM will control 700R4... not exactly sure how the 700R4 was wired in 86 but it can be done. Turbo 400 has a relay and 700R4 has a solinoid... Wiring diagrams are at:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

You can make the 7747 work for knock sensor and ESC, both need to be from a 7.4L engine. No the stock chip won't work, it would need to be modified for knock. May also need some changes for trans, not sure how a TH400 bin will do for the TCC? Make sure you adjust the TV cable properly on 700R4 before startyup and drive.

Neither ANTY or AZFT have MALF 43 ESC checked? So not sure either one had knock? Many big blocks came without knock sensors.

Intresting note for that bin that was superceded is changes in Async fueling, I' don't know if it is still Async or Sync or combination but it's somewhere in the middle of what I have been seeing... (read Sync - Async fueling thread)

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    OK, that makes sense...

Another question: I still have the computer from the 92 Suburban, which had a knock input (knock wired directly to the computer, no esc module?). Any reason not to run that computer instead of the ANTY from the 89? The only reason I was going with the ANTY was because I had the harness from the same 89 Suburban and the ECU connectors are slightly different...

I realize I'll have some tranny codes to deal with while running the 92 suburban ecu, but it should run more efficiently with a knock input, I'd imagine.

Was the ANTY a closed loop ECU? I'm sure the one from the 92 was...Thanks for the help...learning lots already

What ECM in 1992 has knock wired to ECM without ESC? I'd like to know? Unless it was 16147060 PCM which came with 4L80E and it's a totally differant ECM/PCM, has ESC in Memcal. Was the begining of 16197427 type PCMs for electronic controlled transmissions.

ANTY/AZFT is Closed Loop. But not sure if it was Closed Loop at idle?

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    It is the 7060...is this the one to use if I have the choice?

one thing to look at. make sure the injectors match the bin if you are not going to tune it. shouldn't be a problem unless your using 94-95 injectors.
    Last edited by PJG1173; 12-19-2012 at 03:00 AM.
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Quote Originally Posted by seads505 View Post
    It is the 7060...is this the one to use if I have the choice?
    I'd have to say no. It was only around one or two years in a very few trucks. The mask (for editing the bin) is not fine tuned, it works well in a stock truck or even a modified engine with 4L80E trans. But would take a lot of work to make it work with 700R4... maybe? I just really don't know? Plus the rewireing of ECM/PCM plugs from your harness to that PCM... some of that stuff has been hacked into newer 16197427 PCM, still differant plugs.

Where the 7747 you have even with a stock chip will run the engine and trans. Bin will need work for TCC, it may even work? Some of the code for 700R4 TCC, TH400 kickdown,manual shift light is all there. Or adding knock. But the mask is well defined to do so! Back to knock sensor, so many 7.4L came with none? I don't even know if there is a knock sensor and ESC for a 7.4L in 7747? The one from the newer PCM is differant! May have to look for knock sensor and ESC from a 1227787 ECM, that is what is usually used with 7.4L.

So... I would use the 7747. Then work out the wiring for TCC. Then research Knock. Then again I can do 7747 in my sleep...

If TCC could be handled easily with the 7060 then it would be way to go... but then have to look at VSS you have from speedometer already as 7060 trans VSS was in there... without accurate VSS then TCC will not be accurate... man, mixing and matching parts gives me a headache!

Wish I had a more solid answer? Maybe someone else will give some ideas?

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    EagleMark, thanks so much for the insight! I know it's a bit mix-and-match, so thanks for the patience. I'm learning more and more every second on this thing.

Well, so here's the deal...

Last night (prior to re-reading this thread) I got everything wired up and going with the 7060. I ended up pulling ecu pins and creating custom ecu leads to the 7060. The truck fired up nicely and seems to be running fine: cold idle working great, responding well to throttle, o2 counts are good, going into closed loop fine, voltage to sensors is good, no engine specific codes (I have a Snap-On MT2500 scanner that I can monitor this stuff with). Some issues I noticed driving to work this morning: no vehicle speed reading even though I hooked up the existing optical VSS (brn) to the VSS Buffer lead, 3 misc tranny codes (Obviously, I knew this would be an issue with the 7060).

It is sounding more and more like the 7747 is the way to go...then I avoid all the tranny-related codes, etc (which seem to be the majority of the issues).

Thoughts? Does someone on here sell custom tunes (like if i send in my 7747, they can re-tune the thing)?? Is that the better way to go??

Here's some more info on the truck: 92 7.4L, 92 injectors, 700R4 tranny (Bowtie TVMadeEZ Bracket, properly adjusted TV), NP208 Transfer case, Dana 60 front axle, 14 Bolt FF rear axle (4.56 gears). I have had no problems with the 700R4 behind my 454...I've always had it properly adjusted (per the guys at Bowtie, who are always great!)...I do primarily 4x4 stuff with the truck (rocks, hills, some mud), but enjoy driving it on the street. I don't want/need it to be a hot rod necessarily, just a solid rinning stock-ish setup.

Thanks again for all the help...keep the thought stream coming!

I could do the 1227747, I've built 7.4L 700R4 bins before.

But you've alreay got the 7060 in there and it seems close. You've got a scanner and obviously more then just a back yard mechinic so you have half the battle concoured. At this point it may be better to just run with it.

I looked through the mask/XDF and some looking through the hack, the trans codes can be turned off, just not sure how to get TCC control or VSS, I'm sure it can be done but may be more time consuming then worth the effort? I just don't know this PCM as well as I know 7747 and others. No one really has a lot of effort into them as they were so few and far between. Have done one in a truck that came with it and it's a great PCM.

Here's a wiring diagram with VSS, looks like from VSSB/DRAC/Buffer goes to B11, but without the other 2 VSS from trans?

-= =-