Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
evolved!?

a lot of eehack is pretty spaghetti-like, that's what happens when you're learning new stuff while writing a major project..

this will definitely be a bit more of a bug fix release, definitely wont be adding a ton of new stuff.

kur4o made quite a few changes, his program is a fork, not an update. honestly it should have been renamed rather than just bump the version number up to avoid confusion, at this point it's a bit of a different code base. if official eehack also crashes i'd be into fixing that..

i'll be updating the official eehack only

i can manage that, but have you tried simply modifying the definition file? (totally untested but might work)

i'll think about adding a switch in preferences like i did for metric/imperial.

marking log timestamps quickly is something i also thought about and then completely forgot. that's a really useful thing for sure. i might be able to add something quick for that, recording audio is a twist i never thought about.. i was figuring hitting a button or whatever would just flag a timestamp, and you could easily see those in the graph or jump to them in the dashboard. i might not get around to that.
I think it's great you're working on updates.
I suggest keeping the versions separate. or possibly an advanced option to enable/disable them and patches if including changes?

Tried Kur4o version a while back and whenever I tried to use the cool additions my engine would just shut off.
The patched .bin almost made me fail smog testing as well. During testing the engine kept just shutting off.
Guy let me retest for free, went home flashed a non patched .bin and it gave no problem 2nd time.
It's my DD so can't have that or troubleshoot why it kept just shutting off.