Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
Thanks for the part numbers. Does the stock gasket works fine with the 2028?
So far so good - it fits around the t-stat housing and I'm not seeing any leaks after 150 miles and about 4 hours of run time. Unfortunately these do not include a new seal so if your current one is getting old I'd suggest getting a new one.

The lT1 thremostat is the same overall dimension as the sbc 94-00 but flows more due to enlarged opening.
This is why I like this particular Motorad part - the advertising on it says it has a 30% larger primary disk from the "standard flow" parts. I also looked at cap pressure and the 6.8L Ford V10 runs at 16 psi also so I guess the only other question is how much bigger is the water pump impeller? Again, I'm happy to be the guinea pig on this one - if it overheats next summer you can rest assured I'll be her complaining about having to replace whatever parts it breaks.

The reverse flow cooling system might change the Nascar equation and the optimal for lt1 could be 90-93 *C.
I've never read the official rules, but I think you may be making a bit of a leap in assuming they're not all running reverse flow cooling. I'm relatively certain I read somewhere that the reverse flow system used by the LT-1 was conceived by Smokey Yunick for just such an application. He was the DaVinci of cheating - err, "skirting the rules".

I dig up 2 logs where 02s flat drop from 50 to 53 *C, than recover with no apparent reason. I know for sure I have other logs too but can`t find them. In par with the EOIT target change from 44 to 56 degrees or 270* to 180* which interpolated is 225*-247.5* at 50-53*C. Really wierd.
Funny you should mention this. I just tested a cold start - ambients here have dropped to -7c and IAT was reading 9.5 in the garage with the door slightly open. Initial start was awful - cranking time was 1.7s. This jumped out as different because I reset BLMs after startup because they were ridiculously high (140s) from the last idle session yesterday. When ECT hit 41.8c right side O2 was reading 36mv steady, and 8 seconds later the left side followed. Idle quality went to crap. I shut it down b/c I wasn't wanting to suffocate on fumes waiting for it to get to operating temp.