Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    If you connect the USB cable to the tablet while the app isn't running, it should ask you if you want to start ALDLdroid to use with that USB device. If it doesn't, it means there is something wrong before the app. Sometime missing USB OTG cable when required or bad USB/ALDL cable (I've seen both these issues).
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    If you connect the USB cable to the tablet while the app isn't running, it should ask you if you want to start ALDLdroid to use with that USB device. If it doesn't, it means there is something wrong before the app. Sometime missing USB OTG cable when required or bad USB/ALDL cable (I've seen both these issues).
    Do you know which drivers are required? I found that i was missing the ftdi_sio.ko so that is loading now. The ftdi chip is found and i get the dev/ttyUSB0 but still not working. And let me know if i need to email you directly if this is missing up your thread.

Fuel Injected!
    I assume this is a rooted Android device with a custom ROM ? To be honest, I've never dug so low in Android to know anything about that stuff. I have the FTDI drivers packaged within the app so that user don't need to download / install anything else. Most users just plug the cable and it works. In case of a custom ROM, it might be different and its case by case.

Feel free to email me at aldldroidapp [at] gmail.com

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    I assume this is a rooted Android device with a custom ROM ? To be honest, I've never dug so low in Android to know anything about that stuff. I have the FTDI drivers packaged within the app so that user don't need to download / install anything else. Most users just plug the cable and it works. In case of a custom ROM, it might be different and its case by case.

Feel free to email me at aldldroidapp [at] gmail.com

Ok, I got it working. I think the only issue is if your device was set to use USB host from the manufacturer or not. My hardware supported it but not officially. I had to do this:

create a file named android.hardware.usb.host.xml with this in it:

<permissions>
    <feature name="android.hardware.usb.host"/>
    </permissions>

Then move that file into folder

/system/etc/permissions

in that folder find a file named

handheld_core_hardware.xml and add:

<feature name="android.hardware.usb.host" />

within a <permissions> section.

Now i just have to work out some connection issues, my data is jumpy and all of my gauges are mirrored..? And i noticed that when i try to edit the gauges the left and right movement is backwards.This is weird as the rest of the layout is perfect.
    Last edited by notime2d8; 07-14-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Cool, good to know!

For the jumpy data, it could be (probably is ?) an ADX issue. Was that ADX converted from an ADS ? Is it a known working ADX that you've used with TunerPro or you're starting from scratch ?

About the mirror thing, any chance you enabled the head up display setting in the settings section of the app ? If that's not it, I might need a screenshot to understand what you're seeing

Thank you

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    Cool, good to know!

For the jumpy data, it could be (probably is ?) an ADX issue. Was that ADX converted from an ADS ? Is it a known working ADX that you've used with TunerPro or you're starting from scratch ?

About the mirror thing, any chance you enabled the head up display setting in the settings section of the app ? If that's not it, I might need a screenshot to understand what you're seeing

Thank you
    Yes, i use the file with Tunerpro, it works fine on there. Using another ADX works fine so i need to do a diff and see whats going on. And I did select the heads up display option somehow ..i blame my funky touchpad doing extra clicks.

Everything is awesome now. Thanks so much, this is the coolest app. I've wanted a display in my car for the longest. what i was planning was going to be complicated and $200+ more with just basic info. This gives me that, plus tuning, plus gauges, and data-logging. I'm off to do some tuning and bragging.

Edit: Maybe you can do an app now to control a USB or Bluetooth 12V relay board...for locks, windows, and lights... I would pay double for that.
    Last edited by notime2d8; 07-15-2014 at 02:28 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Awesome, glad you like it :)

We will need some updated pics of your screen dashboard setup showing the app now :D

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    Awesome, glad you like it :)

We will need some updated pics of your screen dashboard setup showing the app now :D

Fuel Injected!
    Sweeeeet :D

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

THANKS for the GPS fix.. That did it, it releases the GPS so the Tablet can go to sleep.. now I need to figure out a better connection, I have a USB cable I plug in as needed but if the DIY USB cable mentioned in another thread will work, then I might go that route and hide it completely, but have switch that disconnects it when not in use
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Happy to hear it Jeff! I'm glad I don't have to go back to that as I'm pretty busy with other stuff :D Working on both AutoProm APU1 mode support for data logging as well as starting reorganizing some code to rework the indicator edit stuff (such as adding colors picker and what not).

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

I have another feature request.. File marker

So for example I am out datalogging the car, all of a sudden it seems to have an issue, being able to have a button as a 'marker' I press it and it marks it with a '1', then I press again and it stops marking. then I press again it does '2' etc,

this would be for those who want to find the specific spot in the scan, you could workout the marking of the file however but having that would be great.

I am having a stalling issue with the AC on, having the marker would help me determine exactly where the issue is
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Jeff, that would be pretty easy to add a "Mark Datalog" option to the menu when data logging. I guess it would be better to have a button on the dashboard or something but then we're back to like your previous suggestion where its a lot more work to do that. I can add it to the menu for now but you will have to do two taps to make the mark. If its better than not being able to mark any data log for a while, I can do that for you for now :)

Here is what I've been working on for a few days now. I have about 10 hours into this I'm still missing being able to import colors from another indicator into the current one and stuff like that but at least now the color can be changed from the UI. We're getting somewhere! I had to move the indicator settings to a new activity instead of a dialog that pops over. I think it looks more integrated and now the layout can be scrolled if there is too much stuff.

When you tap on a color, you get this:

That's it for now!

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    Ok Jeff, I've just done the "mark data log" thing. At least it will be in the menu for now!

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Thanks, menu is better than nothing.. Also with colors can you add the option to choose a new default color?

Please
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior