Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BPW and Injector math

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    BSFC = Brake Specific Fuel Consumption

For N/A engines this is generally between .45 and .50, Supercharged engines between .50 and .60 and turbocharged engines between .55 and .65.
    Thank You!!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    (X*4*Y)/1200

X= BPW and Y=Engine RPM.

TBI IDC (%) = [4 * IPW (ms) * RPM]/1200

Wrong calculation was started here in 2007:
    http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/g...lse-width.html

Comes out correct to 1project2many TBI helper and all other math...
    interesting... my ADX has X*Y/60000*100. when I change to the above I am seeing higher IDC's.
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Right! The old way is actually 50% of IDC!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I've got about a bazillion hours into learning spreadsheets. Almost 13 hours into edits in this one recorded in the file.

Special Thanks to Dave W at Old School EFI for sharing his BLM spreadsheets, they are all included.

For evaluation only! I've tested till I'm blind and it all seems to work properly. Warning, spreadsheet on steroids! If it passes inspection I think it's worthy of GearHead-EFI.com name...

EDIT: New upload with protection issue on Injector Duty Cycle fixed.
    I tried using your calculator but the content does not work . For some reason I am losing all the formulas attached to the spreadsheet. Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrendal View Post
    I tried using your calculator but the content does not work . For some reason I am losing all the formulas attached to the spreadsheet. Help!!!
    Tbrendal, It saddens me to tell you, EagleMark lost his battle with cancer and passed away just over a year ago.

I'll try helping you with spreadsheet. I need to know the post # of the spreadsheet you are using.

dave w

Damn! I'm sorry to here that. I feel like I know the guy after reading all the work he has done here for us. Of course I guess it is nice to know his legacy lives on!!!

It post # 18 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrendal View Post
    It post # 18 of this thread.
    The spreadsheet in post #18 is an Open Office .ods file: https://www.openoffice.org/ if you want to download and use freeware Open Office.

Post # 20 has a Microsoft Excel .xls file if you have Excel. I've also re-attached the file from Post #20, see below. I just tried using the attached .xls, seems to be working for me.

Please update me with your progress.

dave w

Thanks Dave!. I didn't notice it wasn't an excell document.
    First let me give you my specs.
    I have a .030 350 block with the stock dish pistons, RV cam, Vortec heads with an air gap intake manifold. Im running the 5.7 throttle body that has all the ultimate mods done. 18 PSI spring and a 40 PSI in tank fuel pump. My truck runs the 7747 ECM. I started with an ASDU stock bin with the highway fuel added to it provided by Eagle Mark!
    I did the math and have set my BPW to 104. I had a heck of a time before resetting that. My injectors were running at 100% duty cycle all the time. Once I put the 104 in the BPW it came down to where it should be. I will finally log some good data on the way home tonight! I also changed the ASDU stock BIN over to a Vortec head timing curve. Other than that I have not made any changes yet.

Sorry to hear about Eagle Mark again. That guy was quite the innovator !

How do you copy the BLM table from a log on tunerpro? or do you have to enter all the values manually?

Are you using the running average from the TunerPro RT history tables?

Highlight the cells, then press down on both the Ctrl and "C" (Control C) on the keyboard to copy the averages. To paste, press down both Ctrl and "V" (Control V) on the keyboard.

dave w

Ya I get that I was right clicking and trying to save. But it doesn't give me that option. There must be a setting in Tunerpro I don't have selected or something.

SO thanks Dave for all the work with the TBI calculator and all the other stuff you guys have done for us. One quick question though. I have added my VE2 table to VE1 and tuned to get close. Once that is done should you put the VE2 table back to its initial settings?

Once the VE tuning is finished, no changes are needed to either VE1 or VE2.

dave w

Thanks for your help Dave.