Thread: Port injection or dual tbi???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Since i dont have a tig welder nor the faith in welders in my area to do it right ill have to pass on the frankenbody for now although i do dig it.

Six, do u have that link handy for he nothstar bit? I remember seeing it and it piqued my interest.

Mark, i will likely go the dual qual intake route with port injection given the advice and personal interest in the subject.

Keep the comments coming. This will likely be a year long project due to time constraints so bear with me on pics, progress and whatnot.
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Quote Originally Posted by buddrow View Post
    do u have that link handy for he nothstar bit? I remember seeing it and it piqued my interest.
    This link?

http://lukeskaff.com/?page_id=380
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    Here is TA's single 4bbl port injection setup.

http://taperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TA%5F1206F

A bit pricey for my blood though at $3750.
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    That's a pretty nice write up. I've only followed along a few forum posts on TGO and c59.org.

Yes, the '7427 will run dual IACs. That is how my Grandfather's '71 pick up with a Cross Fire and 4L60E is set up and works just fine. I would suggest running dual IACs when running two independant throttle bodies to have idle air distribution as even across the cylinders as can be. Especially considering that many of the dual quad intakes do not have a common plenum. It's even been found on engines, like ones with a crossfire intake, that have a common plenum using only one IAC can cause some idle issues.

I mostly posted the frankenbody to show that dual or 4 bbl TBI can be done and be reliable. The Cutlass that uses the 4bbl TBI that is in the earlier pictures gets driven HARD for several thousand miles per year. In an average weekend we can easily rake up a couple hundred miles on our cars, add in the daily driver status that we like to get on our cars and how we like to drive to shows out of town, the miles add up. We build our cars to drive, not to sit in the local coffee shop parking lot. ;)
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.