Quote Originally Posted by SapperRE View Post
Hi Guys, I have managed to the the Bin file from my PCM a OS 12212156 which came with the LS 6.0 Engine I got from a scrap yard.

I also got the .xdf file for the 2002 GM Vehicle in this thread.

The original transmission is showing as a 4L80E but I want to use my 700R4 as this has very recently been fully rebuilt.

The 6.0 LS will be going into my 1989 GMC Vandura G2500 Van.

Am I able to just change to transmission type and then save or is it more complicated? to I need to change other settings aswell.

I need to delete VATS
EGR
Cooling fans
Probably the Speedometer section with wheel size etc.
Maybe the 02 Sensors aswell. (still reading up on whats needed).

Many thanks.
Changing the transmission from a electronic to a non-electronic (or manual) trans is quite a bit more complicated....it's not as simple as *just* changing the transmission type, and there are some who say that isn't a good idea as other problems can arise. You'll have to dig through EVERY transmission DTC and turn it off.....otherwise the PCM will be looking for a TCM and start throwing codes. IMO it's easier to just reflash the PCM with a manual OS. In my case, I went on CarGurus, searched for a 4.8 pickup with a manual trans.....grabbed the VIN, went on GM's TIS website ($40 per VIN) and reflashed the PCM with my VXDIAG pass-thru. Of course you'll have to make the rest of your changes in your list.