Thread: Glad to be part of this crew, new to chevy's and love programming!

Carb and Points!

Cool Glad to be part of this crew, new to chevy's and love programming!

Hi Everybody!
    Just getting on this forum, excited to learn new techniques and trouble shoot!

Currently working on getting my 2004 1500 LT Suburban back on the road. Seems to be a computer issue.

Tried to reset the key, everything works (door locks, windows, fuel pump, radio, etc...) but the engine when I start it just cranks once (does not fire up) then the starter just cuts out. The engine had been replaced, but all sensors were swapped.

Not sure if it was due to low voltage, but I have checked all the harness leads to the PCM and back (OK). 2 Green wires were bare under the fuse box, fixed those and still no go.

Looking forward to getting some reader tools and read the PCM and possibly re-flash it.

Also my other small project is to install a second battery and small solar panel so I can enjoy my trips camping in the beautiful colorado rockies!!!

Well if anybody is interested I'll post some pictures of my progress. Welcome to be part of the team, and again I love computer programming, mainly open source anything linux.

Thanks for reading my intro, have a great day guys/gals!

Carb and Points!
    Well just wanted to follow up here, not sure if to do it here or start a new thread???

Anyhow, I was able to get my truck back up and running. I ended up test some ECU flash and removed some vats etc to test out on my original computer. I was able to get that done, and run the engine in standalone mode (while Installed in my Suburban). Everything went great, however I guess i need to check the wiring going from the ecu to the Knock sensor and the Flex fuel sensor wiring to.
    I installed new knock sensors and flex fuel mixture sensor thingy and am still getting the same error messages on my scanner. I guess I might just block out those codes on the ecu, it's annoying.

Also does anybody know where I can get a digital fuel pressure gauge so I can monitor that data. I and also converting the quick disconnects fuel lines to -6AN hoses. Seems like the old ones are okay but for maintenance purpose the fuel filter and fuel rails lines are a pain as stock 'quick' disconnects. would also love to add an analog fuel pressure dial on the rail. Any suggestions for a return style fuel rail system?

I was also checking into intakes and see some relatively inexpensive intake manifolds, has anybody tried ebay models? I'm not sure if this will improve performance, but sure looks clear and easier to work around than the stock vortec intake. I really hate the stock design how it takes up so much of the rear engine room, makes it hard to reach back there.

Well hope all is going well for everyone else!

Peace!

Administrator
    I and also converting the quick disconnects fuel lines to -6AN hoses. Seems like the old ones are okay but for maintenance purpose the fuel filter and fuel rails lines are a pain as stock 'quick' disconnects.
    It helps to think of them as "quick connect" fittings. They exist to help the factory assemble more trucks in less time.

I installed new knock sensors and flex fuel mixture sensor thingy and am still getting the same error messages on my scanner. I guess I might just block out those codes on the ecu, it's annoying.
    Those sensors do help the ecm protect the engine and keep the fuel / mixture correct. Maybe during the course of diagnosing the problems you will find other wires that need repair.

https://www.vmsracing.com/products/l...-97-and-l98tpi

https://www.holley.com/products/gaug.../parts/30-4401