Thread: E38 full flash using TC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The only way to flash it in is the Pcm recovery function using the file you want to go in it. Modules 7 and 8 are not written by TC so I don't know if they match what your using or not. Do you have a J2534 cable? I have an OEM log in you have helped me plenty times in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by roughneck427 View Post
    The only way to flash it in is the Pcm recovery function using the file you want to go in it. Modules 7 and 8 are not written by TC so I don't know if they match what your using or not. Do you have a J2534 cable? I have an OEM log in you have helped me plenty times in the past.
    I don't have a J2534 cable for GM. I was thinking about buying a Mongoose, do you think it will work good with OEM flashing system, or do I need another one?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    I don't have a J2534 cable for GM. I was thinking about buying a Mongoose, do you think it will work good with OEM flashing system, or do I need another one?
    Thanks
    I use a mongoose GM cable 90% of the time and has worked great. I have a MDI units but it's large and bulky compared to the mongoose. The MDI2 was just released I ordered it 2 weeks ago it ran $700 but have to be a GM dealer I was able to run it through the Fleet account. Like I said using the PcM recovery function will flash it.

Quote Originally Posted by roughneck427 View Post
    I use a mongoose GM cable 90% of the time and has worked great. I have a MDI units but it's large and bulky compared to the mongoose. The MDI2 was just released I ordered it 2 weeks ago it ran $700 but have to be a GM dealer I was able to run it through the Fleet account. Like I said using the PcM recovery function will flash it.
    I will try the PCM Recovery later today. Thanks a lot

Fuel Injected!
    You can get a chinese clone of GM unit for 200$. They are good quality and you will only need a subscription.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-...47919.html?spm

I had these files

Fuel Injected!
    I have a lot of 2007 and 2008 files. If you post the cal that you read out of the E38, I will look for one with the same 7 and 8 segments.

Well I updated my roadrunner software and the code patch was available. Funny since I was only 1 or 2 versions behind.
    Truck is running now

Thanks folks, appreciate all the help

Let's see if somebody has a calibration compatible with this ECM. This is the ECM the truck came with and was flashed somewhere else. It was running on 4 cylinder only (3,5, 2 and 8 running, the other 4 have no pulse). I checked wiring from injector to ECM and it's OK.
    So I tried another ECM, disabled vats and it ran fine.
    I want to flash the original ECM with a stock CAL before dumping it, I suspect the flash is bad but I don't have a compatible one to test.

Best Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Great info!! Thanks a lot
    So, my ecm has a 2008 OS. it came from a 2007 truck, completely stock so it was updated by the dealer.
    It is 12622161, 6.0L truck
    I just got word from TC, they say that the OS PATCH option is greyed because there is no patch available for that OS

Hope I can find a compatible .cal for this ECM or else I'll need to use HPT