Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
your log is a good example of a well running maf engine with really mild modifications that probably doesn't need much tuning.

load both your logs into eehack at the same time and run the analyzer with default settings (i pick really good defaults)

look at the knock scope and AFR

most of your 'knock' is just under 1000 rpm and over 50 kpa. this is either due to driver error (lugging a manual) or torque converter too small. when an engine gets towards the point that it wants to stall out, it often lugs and clatters and sets the knock sensor off regardless of ignition timing. it's really nothing to worry about from a tuning perspective. you could remove a bit of timing advance and adding some fuel in that range to see if it helps.

your cruise range AFR is really just fine, barely even worth tuning. you could play with your idle timing advance and stuff to get a better idle (not sure how smooth it is right now) and then start working on WOT tuning.

cr_afr.png

knk.png
Steveo,

Thank you for taking the time to review the data as a technical expert. I appreciate the response and suggestions.

Unfortunately I was unable to pull the factory tune from the PCM using EEHack (I tried changing the latency on the cable driver, attempted to use WinFlash (no luck with the application, didn't load correctly on two different machines with WIN7 & WIN10 - only was able to "uninstall the application")).

I believe I need to look into building my own cable with the mentioned andriono FTDI board (Happen to have a suggested wiring pin-out for the OBD1 16 pin connector?). Even with the latency changes I keep receiving a "Check sum error" with EEHack. I was able to data-log though which is the confusing part..

In the end I recently sent my PCM to http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com/ for a quick turnaround, and will continue to look into the PCM read issues once the PCM is back up online with the new tune.

Thanks again