Quote Originally Posted by 90Vette View Post
So you tune based on knock retard, not knock counts? With your current tune, around how many knock counts are you seeing in a short (say 30min) drive?
with the exception of sometimes seeing lingering kr after forced downshift/throttle stab, the only knock counts I see are at startup.
I am talking about following father time up the interstate on ramp and he wants to merge with 80+ mph traffic doing 45. Stabbing the gas and passing gramps will occasionally generate counts/kr. I think it's an artifact of lugging while the trans decides to downshift plus the burst knock function. I don't drive it like that much and will manually downshift to avoid lugging the motor 99% of the time.

How quickly do you ramp up to your full 30°? As you can see on mine, I don't reach the full 34° until 4800 RPM, so at say 3200 I'm only at 27°.
laptop temporarily down - IIRC it's all in b4 3k rpm.

Did you find that optimum AFR just by what was fastest at the strip? Did you play around with timing at all at the different AFRs?
actually tuning for consistency while looking to improve ETs too (and keep respectable mpg). A lot of back and forth on timing and afr in the beginning. Timing first, then afr, then back to timing - lather rinse repeat.
I bracket race the car so finding that last .05 sec. doesn't mean a whole lot to me. It's slow and I know it, FWIW I don't need this car to ever go quicker than 13.50.

My car's fairly loud, but not bad. The Corsa mufflers seem quieter than Magnaflows/Borlas/etc. It has a bit of a rattly noise at low RPM and high load, but I'm 90% sure that's just transmission noise (knock sensor doesn't pick anything up). I'd been running it on 91, but since I drove it out to the east coast I've been using 93 octane. I haven't been able to take it to the strip out here, but it seems to run the same. Looking at my datalogs, the occurrence of low-RPM knock doesn't seem to have diminished, and I was/am seeing WOT knock so infrequently it's hard to say if the 93 made any difference.

Actually, I'd forgotten that, but the low-RPM knock was there before I did the header swap.
trans or valvetrain noise, mine does the same thing. 99% sure its just valvetrain racket on mine...