I for one am super excited about any economy parameters you can come up with to display in real time. I've done the formulas and created a mpg gauge in TunerPro RT, but I have 2 issues A) it needs to be smoothed and I don't know how to do that, at the standard update rate, the data is too jumpy to visualize well and B) If I'm using my mpg gauge in TunerPro, that means I am not able to use EEx and I can't do the 'Override AFR' which is a huge windfall in terms of economy.

Current best commute post M6 swap is 33.5MPG, that's a mix of city driving and highway through mountains maintaining an average speed of 75-80 MPH, 287 miles total.

Also, in terms of bugs, the no data condition on the dash view did indeed fix itself after restarting EEx. and in terms of repeatability, try opening the flash tab then the datalog tab, or the control tab then the datalog tab, or the 2 combinations of those tabs before opening the datalog tab and I think you'll find the error state.

ALSO, I discovered something that was contributing to comms dropouts on my particular setup that may or may not be affecting other users and wanted to put it here in case anyone else runs into the same thing...

Since my commute is longer than my laptop batter can last, I'm using a DC power supply for my laptop that I got off amazon. It of course has (had) the cig lighter adapter on the end, and I had noticed periodic comms issues between the pcm and EEx while logging and plugged into the cig lighter, unplug from the cig lighter, comms issues clear up immediately, so I knew it had something to do with the charger/charging while logging and I only just discovered what the real issue was after cutting of the plug and hardwiring the power supply into the car. When I was seeing the comms issues, it was because the ground portion of the cig lighter adapter wasn't actually grounding. The led on the power supply was still indicating it was operational, but without it being grounded it was disrupting the comms. Additionally, this behavior is probably not unique to my car or my power supply, and may be a big part of the reason why people were having PCM write failures while flashing with their laptops plugged in to the car.