Thread: 0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hmmm, http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...B-Coil-on-Plug

My daily driver 1999 S10 is V8 powered (L31) with an '0411 coil-on-plug conversion.

Challenge - Is a custom '0411 operating system required for the 4 cylinder engine? It's my understanding the '0411 was never used with a 4 cylinder engine.

Sometimes converting to fuel injection requires leveraging a fuel injection system from a similar engine. Back in the "hay day" of TBI there were many adaptions to non GM engines. The Nuts & Bolts of TBI was simple, easy, and well supported by the aftermarket. Fast Forward to OBD2 with Coil-on-Plug . . . so the question I would be asking myself "if I" wanted to convert a Jeep 2.5 to OBD2 fuel injection / coil-on-plug is . . . what GM Inline 4 Cylinder is OBD2 fuel injection / coil-on-plug that is CHEAP?

Does CHEAP mean only DIY software for Tuning? Does CHEAP mean No Aftermarket Support for EFI parts? Does CHEAP mean only junk yards have the "Nuts & Bolts"? Does CHEAP mean 10,000 plus likes on YouTube or Facebook?

It's your Jeep 2.5 liter engine, your in the drivers seat to determine CHEAP, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Hmmm,
    Challenge - Is a custom '0411 operating system required for the 4 cylinder engine? It's my understanding the '0411 was never used with a 4 cylinder engine.
    He said in his first post that he was planning on using V8 tune with injectors disconnected. I was considering doing the same for a different i4 project, but lack of information from others that had, and needing a crank reluctor made me decide to do something different, but when researching I did find a number of others who have done it. Seems like I couldn't find for certain if rpm settings had to be modded, and which cylinders were deleted.
    Anxious to see the outcome.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Sometimes converting to fuel injection requires leveraging a fuel injection system from a similar engine. Back in the "hay day" of TBI there were many adaptions to non GM engines. The Nuts & Bolts of TBI was simple, easy, and well supported by the aftermarket. Fast Forward to OBD2 with Coil-on-Plug . . . so the question I would be asking myself "if I" wanted to convert a Jeep 2.5 to OBD2 fuel injection / coil-on-plug is . . . what GM Inline 4 Cylinder is OBD2 fuel injection / coil-on-plug that is CHEAP?

Does CHEAP mean only DIY software for Tuning? Does CHEAP mean No Aftermarket Support for EFI parts? Does CHEAP mean only junk yards have the "Nuts & Bolts"? Does CHEAP mean 10,000 plus likes on YouTube or Facebook?

It's your Jeep 2.5 liter engine, your in the drivers seat to determine CHEAP, not me.
    I have looked at GM Delco 4 cyl PCMs and the support just isn't there. I'm sure some of the guys over on the Delco board could do it, but I'm not that guy.
    I've read a lot about the 0411 and think I can do this. Yes I know the 0411 was never put on a 4 cyl engine by GM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    He said in his first post that he was planning on using V8 tune with injectors disconnected. I was considering doing the same for a different i4 project, but lack of information from others that had, and needing a crank reluctor made me decide to do something different, but when researching I did find a number of others who have done it. Seems like I couldn't find for certain if rpm settings had to be modded, and which cylinders were deleted.
    Anxious to see the outcome.
    Yes I plan to run it on a V8 tune, so we'll see how it comes out.

Fuel Injected!
    HPTUNERS supports many GM 4 cylinder controllers. NA and turbo. This is one of those things where I am sure you can do it, but why would you... BTW, Hptuners also supports the 4.0L Jeeps for a few years now....

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
    HPTUNERS supports many GM 4 cylinder controllers. NA and turbo. This is one of those things where I am sure you can do it, but why would you... BTW, Hptuners also supports the 4.0L Jeeps for a few years now....
    I have HPtuners. I've just had bad experiences with them and don't want to give them anymore of my money.
    My YJ is a 1987, nothing on it, as far as wiring, is much good.

Fuel Injected!
    i see, good luck with your project..worst case you can run a TPI ECU ('730) it will run 4 cylinder with 4 injectors and did so from the factory. Also came in a weather sealed engine compartment mounted ECU ('727). you could also run DIS, it's not CnP but is still not a bad system and cheap. guess it's not as cool as the LS stuff, but it's bee. hacked for a long time now.

Also if you go that route unless you go DIS, you don't need a crank trigger.
    You could also run custom code, such as s_aujp, or code 59
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better