Thread: DIY LTCC or similar system for LT1s

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, damn. I should have posted something while I was upgrading my rostock max 3 weeks ago. All this headache could have been avoided. I got mine from www.seemecnc.com . Perhaps some olgling at their designs might give you a few ideas. Mine was version 1.0 in kit form. Set me back around $1000 bucks at the time 5 yrs ago. They are now up to version 3.2 with autoleveling and other junk, and I am struggling to keep up. Manual calibration can be tedious, but it becomes routine with time.

I am debating on creating my evil 352 engine. Basically, a .030" over 400 small block with a 327 large journal forged crank in place with bearing spacers (or extra thick bearings). It is the engine I've always wanted to build that suits me. Smokey Yunick had sworn by this engine where there are displacement limits racing. I am still on the ropes about deciding, though. I know the LT-1 intake would do nice things for it, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by vilefly View Post
    Well, damn. ... All this headache could have been avoided.
    Maybe, maybe not. I've wanted to own a 3d printer for at least 5 years but had too many projects draining my "toy" budget. This was a bit of a stretch after I just got back in the black at ~$400, but the need to build a case gave me the excuse I needed to commit the funds. Not to mention it will "pay for itself" by allowing me to print cases for all the other idiotic microcontroller projects my overactive imagination has plagued me with. Wifi thermostats (esp8266), a gps + accelerometer based datalogger / performance computer (also 8266 based), the list of unfinished projects is a mile long. Instead of working on the 3d printer in my garage (where it's hotter than satan's taint tonight), I'm sitting inside soaking up the a/c while working on the datalogger. I'm hoping the end result will be a handheld dyno you can suction cup to your windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by vilefly View Post
    I am debating on creating my evil 352 engine. ... It is the engine I've always wanted to build that suits me. Smokey Yunick had sworn by this engine
    Sounds interesting. If I were a religious man, Smokey would be my original prophet i.e. Christianity's Moses. Another one of my prophets taught me what I'm starting to think may be the first and most important commandment: "there is no replacement for displacement". If I live long enough to see it happen, my next major "revision" to this project car will be a 383 stroker kit.