Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning options for Dodge Mopar

Fuel Injected!

Tuning options for Dodge Mopar

just wondering if anyone has found any tuning solutions for Dodge? my Ram could use some tuning and last time i checked only tuning was high dollar, secret squirrel SCT, and no datalogging capabilities at the time. the rest were generic tuners. im wondering if anyone has hacked the factory calibration and what hardware/software options are out there now. the truck is a 1997 Ram SS/T with the 360 magnum.

thanks

Super Moderator
    what kind of processor in them?

otherwise, megasquirt or GM OBD1/OBD2....
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    i wish i knew lol. ive thought about installing a GM ecm but unless i piggyback it, it would have to operate the 76RE trans

Basic OBDII data logging is not an issue, Scan XL Pro.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i just took a look at scan xl pro and it looks decent, as long as i can use that to do the same as with TPV5 then ill probably get it. im wondering if its even doable to tune this PCM though, if i cant flash it myself ill probably say forget it for now considering im already on a tight budget. MS or GMecm may be too much trouble, it was a bitch to tune the mustang with the 7730, especially with the E cam. and its a stick, hard to imagine tuning shift points for auto.

Diablo Sport has a LOT of Dodge tuning support.

http://www.diablosport.com/
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Diablo Sport has a LOT of Dodge tuning support.

http://www.diablosport.com/
    im sure they do, but for 1998 and up. LOL

It's not uncommon to change a PCM/VCM (or whatever Dodge calls them?) in a GM. Look into system differences and it may be a swap?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by 34blazer View Post
    im sure they do, but for 1998 and up. LOL
    I missed the "1997."

I haven't seen any software for older Dodges, not saying it's not out there, just never something that I've even stumbed across.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    i think the major difference is pre-98 regulated the alternator voltage. i can probably swap it to a newer one and add a voltage reg to the alt. ill look at the PCM this week and see if i can cross reference it.

Fuel Injected!
    well i went to get the numbers of the PCM: 440AD or 56040440AD. so far nothing on the netz. keep coming up with SCT leads from a dude named hemifever. this is going to be difficult lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 34blazer; 12-21-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Yeah, I PM'd Hemifever a few times to try and get some help with tuning my Dakota, but he didn't seem to interested in pointing me in the right direction to acquire the software myself, even after explaining, that I tune my own GM EFI equipped vehicles, and didn't want a mail order tune...

Yea the complete lack of tuning support for the ecm in my wrangler is the reason I am converting it to a GM ecm. I am planning on making it my springtime project. I have already bought a complete engine harness off ebay from a wreked YJ of the same year. I have got it stripped down and making the required changes to use the gm ecm.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    well that needs to change lol. SCT is a scam, i wish someone would hack one of these and release it to the public. a friend of mine spent over 1G for the SCT PRP package back in 2009 and had to sign a non disclosure agreement. there must be information floating around on the net. ill keep searching lol

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Yeah, I PM'd Hemifever a few times to try and get some help with tuning my Dakota, but he didn't seem to interested in pointing me in the right direction to acquire the software myself, even after explaining, that I tune my own GM EFI equipped vehicles, and didn't want a mail order tune...
    just joined the dodgeforums and may have found someone that can help. will see what i can dig up and ill share my findings. apparently a member over there has a family member who cracked his PCM, so hopefully they will share some info