Thread: Noob Here

Carb and Points!

Noob Here

Hello gentlemen! Just here after doing research to unlock vats on the PCM it's getting expensive paying someone$150 each time I want to do a swap.

I stumbled onto lsdroid so I downloaded the app and bought the obd2 reader from pete. I was able to read the PCM (os12216125)I now have tuner pro on a laptop and according to my research the next step is to come here for xdf files with the same is number.

Carb and Points!
    lmk know if you find the right file for that os i believe i have the same one just starting out as well

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorgiven705 View Post
    lmk know if you find the right file for that os i believe i have the same one just starting out as well

Download the lsdroid for windows. On the top right of the toolbar it has a list of several os.

Are you able to read your PCM? Mine read the first time now I says it can't that the PCM is locked seed/key can't be found

Fuel Injected!
    There is no XDF for the 6125 OS BIN files for editing. However, there are other suitable OS BIN files with richly featured XDF support for use and you will simply be overwriting your existing 6125 BIN..

For the locked PCM - there is a technique and pictures laid out on a You Tube video for recovering a locked PCM. Its not that difficult and it gives you a few seconds to load the kernel from LS Droid or PCM Hammer to re-assert control over the PCM. But you are likely to lose the existing BIN on the PCM if you don't have a backup copy of it stored elsewhere.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's