Thread: help with datalogging

help with datalogging

I have {my bosses truck}a 1994 chevy c1500 5.7 4l60e 3.42 gear.We freshened the motor up last year put a small comp cam,tbi spacer,injector pod spacer,air horn under air cleaner,shorty headers ,aftermarket y pipe,flowmasters and no cats,flat top pistons and a little head work.We installed a bigger fuel pump and fpr spring however we removed the spring.I have since found his bin file thanks to this website along with what i can best guess is the correct xdf and adx, i am confused as this has a 16196395 ecm but has a bjlf bin so do i use an oe or od adx.with that in mind I have tried the A218 Trans1 $0D TP5 v250 file for the adx and seems to work good other than a little twitchy but I cannot find how to view int and blm

If the .bin, .xdf, and .adx are all $0D then you should be set. the '6395 is the predecessor of the '7427 and from what I have read functions exactly the same. I don't know whether the INT and BLM are in the Trans datastream. Try the Engine Datastream A217.
    Last edited by gregs78cam; 02-08-2012 at 05:49 AM.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

lol ok well that would explain it im an idiot sorry
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

thanks Gregg thats solved now to figure out how to calculate ve tables on this truck
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

Vintage Methane Ejector
    You can confirm that your bin is $0D by looking at the "Mask ID", in the xdf.

Quote Originally Posted by 93V8S10 View Post
    You can confirm that your bin is $0D by looking at the "Mask ID", in the xdf.
    done and works great now thanks peoples

Fuel Injected!
    i have the same PCM and the same BJLF bin you had and was wondering what bin and adx file you ended up using and how your tuning went on that truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by droptopstng View Post
    I have {my bosses truck}a 1994 chevy c1500 5.7 4l60e 3.42 gear.We freshened the motor up last year put a small comp cam,tbi spacer,injector pod spacer,air horn under air cleaner,shorty headers ,aftermarket y pipe,flowmasters and no cats,flat top pistons and a little head work.We installed a bigger fuel pump and fpr spring however we removed the spring.I have since found his bin file thanks to this website along with what i can best guess is the correct xdf and adx, i am confused as this has a 16196395 ecm but has a bjlf bin so do i use an oe or od adx.with that in mind I have tried the A218 Trans1 $0D TP5 v250 file for the adx and seems to work good other than a little twitchy but I cannot find how to view int and blm

Quote Originally Posted by bonnieclyde100 View Post
    i have the same PCM and the same BJLF bin you had and was wondering what bin and adx file you ended up using and how your tuning went on that truck.
    I have just tried to upload but would let me.... look up a fellow on here goes by jeepsandguns I believe but he gave me all the right pieces to complete this puzzle truck now runs great and everything I used was for the 427 pcm

let ma also add that everything the guys on this site have helped with worked out great sorry I don't get on here more but im now working 100 plus a week and don't get to do much on the side but these are fantastic people and they know whats up thanks to all who helped me

Glad to see you still alive!

Well when you do get some time we need some transmission tech!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Glad to see you still alive!

Well when you do get some time we need some transmission tech!
    Mark, what kinda trans tech do u need? Ive been one for almost 2 decades now lol
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Sweet!

Well I got into trans tuning pretty heavy last summer and learned a lot from already documented stuff at EFI Live forums. Then added to it and found why we still had TCC lockup in third gear WOT and had questions on and we kind of came to a stand still on pressures, some operations etc...

I'm a little slow in concentration right now with my treatments but maybe I can start a Tranny Tutorial thread with what I've learned, then we can tweak it with some of your expertise?

Basically we were at a stand still on pressures that would be allowable and safe in a stock trans, how they can be tweaked to improve performance while reducing heat and lessening slip and wear.

Just last week I drove a stock 98 Suburban, basically same thing as my truck and wow what a slug, I'd gotten used to my trans and didn't realise how much better it felt!

My trans changes right now totally change the whole feel of my 98 Chevy truck 4L60E. Way better. Did a lot of testing in stop and go traffic ETC... and saw temps drop by approx 10*. This was nice considering I had firm fast shifts now, without any harshness of say a race prepped auto tranny.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Mark - it would be great if you could share what you've learned so far with the 4L60E. The one in my 1995 K1500 was a dog too. So far I've changed shift points and unlock the torque converted sooner and that helped. I also zero'd out the 1-2 desired shift time vs TPS, reduced the 1-2 ramping pressure reduction and 3-2 line pressure modifier by about 2/3 for firmer shifts. I'm hesitant to do much more without learning more about the limits of these transmissions.