Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TunerPro comprehensive XDF for 0411 PCM - with Checksums

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you for the response, I really appreciate it!Yes, it is manual transmission tune but I don't have a switch on the clutch. I'm right in the middle of installing factory cruise in the car so maybe i can double purpose the clutch switch I'll be installing. Would I wire that to pin 79 on the blue connector? I wonder if just doing that would make a change?Thanks againScott

Fuel Injected!
    C1 (Blue) pin 79 is the Skip Shift Solenoid Control; which can cause the first to fourth shift with the T56 transmission.

Clutch Switch(es)

These were used by the OEM for Starting, Cruise Control Release, and Clutch Anticipate.

The Clutch Pedal Position (CPP) Switch or Clutch Anticipate Switch is a normally closed circuit (foot off of the clutch pedal). When the clutch is applied (pedal depressed) this circuit opens (i.e. no current flow).

One side of this switch is wired to ground. The other side of this switch is wired to PCM C1 (Blue) pin 32. The PCM outputs voltage on this circuit.

Cruise Control Module (DBC style)

Camaro versions use a Cruise Control Inhibit Signal, between the PCM and the Cruise Control Module. Truck versions do not.

If you use a Camaro module, then Cruise Control could be inhibited by the PCM for various reasons. I would recommend using a Truck Cruise Control Module.

Both of these modules (Camaro or Truck) use a Cruise Control Release Signal (normally closed 12 volt) and a Brake / Stoplamp Signal (normally open 12 volt). You must use both of these, and the module must "see" the simultaneous reverse logic, or it will inhibit Cruise Control.

The DBC style Cruise Control Modules also require a 4K PPM VSS signal. You can splice into the signal from the PCM to the Speedometer (this is what the OEM did), or repurpose the 128K PPM VSS signal from the PCM (normally connected to the ABS brake system), and change the output to 4K PPM with tuning software.

Just an overview ...

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you again for your detailed response! I'll look into putting something in place for the CPP switch....maybe a relay off of the cruise clutch switch.

My cruise module is off of a 2000 Cadillac with a Northstar motor. I'm using info from this thread:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...driven-tb.html

I am using my VSS signal to the module. It really is just a wiring exercise to install mostly....pretty easy so far.

Thanks again for all your help.

Have a good holiday!

Carb and Points!
    LRT that looks great! I didn't know you could rename and create folders for the parameters like you did (been playing with TunerPro for over 2 years and had no idea). I haven't had a chance to open your XDF so I don't know if you were able to include the Auto Trans tables as well. I had taken what dimented24x7 had completed for the engine parameters and expanded for the auto trans parameters that at least were covered by EFILive. I had shared them over on Thirdgen, but if you would like I can share them here as well. I don't know how much interest there is, but I finally found a freeware CPU32 disassembler that does a fairly decent job and was able to get a workable disassembly of a 1263246 OS used in the later Green/Blue connector PCM's (I'm not positive, but I believe this would probably be the latest and last OS used in these; it's from an '06) and am working on mapping the parameters the same as done for the 12202088. I've so far identified most of the spark advance parameters, except for the flex fuel adders. This PCM could open up the ability for those to use the Flex Fuel sensor and be able to run both with out having to commit to one fuel or the other. It still also has all the capability to run a SB 350 with a distributor, even though there was no actual calibration that supported this. It would require the All the programming is still there and could be easily setup. If anyone is interested in possibly using this PCM, I'll share as I get it created and try to do the XDF in the same layout as LRT. I can also help do an Auto Checksum like what LRT did, if I can be given a little instruction on how to or a source code for the .dll.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by james_adams2006 View Post
    I don't know if you were able to include the Auto Trans tables as well.
    Yes, I added the transmission parameters that I believed would be used the most by DIY tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by james_adams2006 View Post
    I can also help do an Auto Checksum like what LRT did, if I can be given a little instruction on how to or a source code for the .dll.
    Regarding the 512 Kb PCM Checksum Plug-in, see the post linked below.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post62661

This was the basis of the Checksum Plug-in that I included with the XDF attached in post #1 of this thread.

I recall creating a Checksum Plug-in for the 1 Mb PCM as well. This was several years ago, before I originally abandoned all of this. This may be on my old XP Notebook, or I may have been pissed off and deleted it (I deleted a lot of what I had started working on when the "free" flash utility failed to materialize).

Fuel Injected!
    Post #1 has been updated - I posted Version 5 of the XDF.

Please update your TunerPro software, per the comments in post #1.
    Last edited by LRT; 01-03-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks! I came across this post during work and don't have TunerPro installed here so wasn't able to look at the XDF other than the pictures. But it looks a lot neater. Thanks for the link. I've identified the memory ranges and the checksum locations for the 1MB OS so it should really only need to replace the addresses to look at and the new checksum location to update. I have a copy of dimented's flash tool. I will admit, in 2 years, I have not actually tried it as my projects haven't progressed as a thought to require tuning yet, but a lot of users over on Thirdgen said that it worked and was capable of reading and flashing calibration sections without issue on the 512kb and 1mb pcm's. I believe, however, that people were having issues with bricking PCM's if an entire OS reflash was attempted. I'm not sure what the actual issue was, but I believe this is what turned people away and proceeded to say it was all a hack because he hadn't responded in a while or fixed. I know that with the effort put into the disassembly and the programming for the flash tool that his intent was not to brick peoples PCM's. With all things done DIY, it takes time, effort, and dedication, and sometimes priorities shift and other life matters must come before the hobby. But I'm glad there are others still working on this (I know I'm still deciphering the code after 2 years just on the 512kb and only jumped to the 1MB for the opportunities more memory could do for custom code). I hope that someone can pick up on the flashing tool where others left off. I would, but without source code, I'll be honest, I don't know where to start.

Carb and Points!
    I thank you for doing the Checksum verification additions. I'll admit that when I did the transmission tables I knew that the checksums had to match but didn't put thought into or research at the time how those were to be calculated if changes were made. I assumed each had there own ways. So thanks for fixing that, and now I know to set those up.

Carb and Points!
    Where would these latest revisions be stored? Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:17 PM.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks very much look forward to it.

Carb and Points!
    I have successfully used this XDF thanks for the contribution.

Are the original ones still around out of interest? The link above has no XDF files for this OS

Thanks again

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for that, I downloaded that link and it has the disassembly info in a .asm file, no XDF's

You mentioned you combined and added to some existing XDF's for this OS was wondering if the originals were still around.
    Last edited by Dylan; 05-09-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:22 PM.