Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
having way too much injector flow means it'll idle rich rough because your injector pulse can't be short enough.

there's this misconception that running pig rich is better than risking being a bit lean.

it's incredibly hard to blow up a four stroke liquid cooled engine from being lean for a few minutes or hours, unless you're putting a bunch of load on it.

especially 'on first startup', it's probably not happening, and if you hear any popping and stuttering, just shut 'er down?

running pig rich, on the other hand, trying to be 'safe'... might as well throw sand down your intake, carbon is just as abrasive.

i would start by fueling an engine by my best guess and see how it goes.
I would tend to agree with you, and you've convinced me to order the 18PSI spring as well. I'll start at that point and change to the 28 PSI spring only if needed.

You'll have to excuse my hyperbole but hopefully you can understand my concern with being underfueled. Then engine I currently have in the truck lived a very short life before cracking the head due to what I believe to be lean condition so I am trying to be overly cautious.