Thread: 94-95 $EE xdf (EEXTRA)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!
    Hey, I found this forum thru Steve's website. I thought I'd try to learn tuning a little bit starting with simple things like constants and switches. I was able to turn off Vats, skip shift, etc.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way for me to do the following with the Extra .003 file and TunerPro RT:
    - I'd like the EGR solenoid to go to duty cycle 100% any time the car is between 1000 RPM and 2000 RPM. Always commanded on during these RPMs regardless of acceleration or deceleration.

If its possible, I'd like to add another constraint so that the EGR duty cycle goes to 100% after 10mph and turns off at 30mph.

So the requirements would be... EGR Duty Cycle 100% for RPMs range between 1000-2000 AND only at 10-30mph.

Is this possible?

Currently seeing my datalog, my EGR solenoid only turns on my PCM when the car is ACCELERATING. I believe it uses Map, TPS, RPM to figure this out but the car will not turn on EGR at steady speeds.

I found the section for EGR in the xdf file here:
    EGR TunerPro RT.jpg

For 260A it says "Enable EGR if RPM is >= THIS (EGRDC=0) ... I'm not entirely sure I understand but the value is set at 1000RPM. 260B is set for 2000 RPM.

So does that mean the EGR will come on always between 1000-2000 RPM or are these the parameters in which EGR would operate if it turned on?

What does EGRDC=0 mean? I couldn't find this.

2614 says EGR max dc% value? And it's set at 93. Does this mean that the EGR duty cycle can only go up to 93%?

Any help appreciated thanks..

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by ridiqls View Post
    Hey, I found this forum thru Steve's website. I thought I'd try to learn tuning a little bit starting with simple things like constants and switches. I was able to turn off Vats, skip shift, etc.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way for me to do the following with the Extra .003 file and TunerPro RT:
    - I'd like the EGR solenoid to go to duty cycle 100% any time the car is between 1000 RPM and 2000 RPM. Always commanded on during these RPMs regardless of acceleration or deceleration.

If its possible, I'd like to add another constraint so that the EGR duty cycle goes to 100% after 10mph and turns off at 30mph.

So the requirements would be... EGR Duty Cycle 100% for RPMs range between 1000-2000 AND only at 10-30mph.

Is this possible?

Currently seeing my datalog, my EGR solenoid only turns on my PCM when the car is ACCELERATING. I believe it uses Map, TPS, RPM to figure this out but the car will not turn on EGR at steady speeds.

I found the section for EGR in the xdf file here:
    EGR TunerPro RT.jpg

For 260A it says "Enable EGR if RPM is >= THIS (EGRDC=0) ... I'm not entirely sure I understand but the value is set at 1000RPM. 260B is set for 2000 RPM.

So does that mean the EGR will come on always between 1000-2000 RPM or are these the parameters in which EGR would operate if it turned on?

What does EGRDC=0 mean? I couldn't find this.

2614 says EGR max dc% value? And it's set at 93. Does this mean that the EGR duty cycle can only go up to 93%?

Any help appreciated thanks..
    Anyone?