Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AutoProm AD channels

AutoProm AD channels

Well, I'll be getting an AutoProm soon (Great price, I couldn't pass up.), and I've been trying to find out how to set up the input side of the 3 AD channels. Seems that WBO2 is pretty easy and well documented, but I want to log other sensors as well. Specifically at this point, I'm thinking a second IAT sensor (Pre-IC), to compare inlet and outlet temps.

With the IAT sensor being a resistance based sensor, I'm thinking that I'll need to set-up a pull up resistor to 5V, on the input, but can't seem to find ANY information on how to do this, or what values to use specifically.

BTW, I can't access the moates site on my PC, due to my virus protection detecting a problem. I didn't find anything helpful when I looked through the moates site on my phone.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I am working with Craig Moates via email on how to set these three channels up with the adx built into TunerPro which is incomplete and does not work and also how to add them to existing ADX files. The document for wide band on their site worked in TP V4 but I have never got it to work in TP V5. When done I will do a write up on it.

The IAT will probably need the 5 volt reference wired just like first one but signal wire to AutoProm. All values and conversions will be the same. It's the ADX packet offset/address which is the issue we are working on.

Moates site had an issue earlier today and is now closed for maintenance?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Hmm, didn't know there was a problem with compatibility with TP RT V5.

I'll be a little upset if that doesn't get resolved.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I don't think it's a compatibility issue... Signals are all there in TunerPro from AutoProm, just can't get the packets right per channel? I followed directions from David and did not work, he verified it did not work on theirs at shop so he passed it on to Craig for following up. He's using my $42 adx and will have instructions to place in others as well as seperate ADX for just AutoProm.

You didn't think Moates would let us down did you?

-= =-

Super Moderator
    feeding a temp sensor, you can choose between a 348, 4K, 1K and maybe a 2K? at least the conversion tables for those are already known, you could use others but you would need to come up with your own normalization table.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Glad to hear you are working on this Mark.

I have tried almost every combo of address & offset and have been unable to get any usable data via the APU1's AD inputs :( .

Have tried ADX's from $11 $12 $BD $5D and gave up after consistently failing

Eagerly waiting for an update on this

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I don't think it's a compatibility issue... Signals are all there in TunerPro from AutoProm, just can't get the packets right per channel? I followed directions from David and did not work, he verified it did not work on theirs at shop so he passed it on to Craig for following up. He's using my $42 adx and will have instructions to place in others as well as seperate ADX for just AutoProm.

You didn't think Moates would let us down did you?
    While I don't have issues with Craig, I have been let down by a product he sells, but only because the original manufacturer/developer gave me a polite "goanfuckurself" when I asked for a few more simple features to be added, that only required some additions to the code and no hardware changes. I'll be making my own soon, so I can get his product out of my car.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    feeding a temp sensor, you can choose between a 348, 4K, 1K and maybe a 2K? at least the conversion tables for those are already known, you could use others but you would need to come up with your own normalization table.
    Are those the values used for the pull up resistors in the ECM? I was thinking about looking at the ECM schematics, to see if that would work for this.

Super Moderator
    yes, those are the pullups used by a 7727/similar for coolant/mat/oil temps/etc. 348, 4K and 1K. i guess no 2K was used that i know of?

now you'll just need a regulated +5V source to have something for them to work with.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Six Shooter, what ADX did you want AutoProm channels in? I need one more to test!

After talking with Moates, looking at the documentation, spending many hours trying to make one channel work all I met was failure! I spent over 12 hours yesterday alone and have it figured out. All three channels working in 2 differant ADX files. So far no information I have found or was given me has been correct. The only way to get this to work with information out there would be by accident.

-= =-

All...

More specifically All that I will ever use.

Post up what it is you did to make them work.

I haven't got my AutoProm yet, damn Paypal taking so long for a money transfer.

I will. Just waiting on a return email from Moates and TunerPro as to how they want to handle this.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Great News!

Thanks for your efforts Mark!!!

Fuel Injected!
    I will. Just waiting on a return email from Moates and TunerPro as to how they want to handle this.
    Hi Mark! Any more progress on this?

Yeah I've been working on it in spare time for a few days, it's in the moderators forum till I can get it done, probably tomorrow morning after a good nights sleep!

Stay Tuned!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah I've been working on it in spare time for a few days, it's in the moderators forum till I can get it done, probably tomorrow morning after a good nights sleep!

Stay Tuned!
    Thanks Mark!

I'll keep my eyes open for an update - appreciate your work on this as it has been a little frustrating not having that functionality.

Cheers, Chris