Thread: Rocker arm ratio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!
    I was just going to change the intake side so it would act more like a single pattern cam as far as lift is concerned. But if it really won't make a noticeable difference, then I might leave it alone. Probably not, I'll most likely mess with it, because as good as my truck runs, I cannot leave it alone, it's like a treasure hunt for horse power. Thanks!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by killface View Post
    I was just going to change the intake side so it would act more like a single pattern cam as far as lift is concerned. But if it really won't make a noticeable difference, then I might leave it alone. Probably not, I'll most likely mess with it, because as good as my truck runs, I cannot leave it alone, it's like a treasure hunt for horse power. Thanks!
    If you have a roller cam compatible block that is drilled/tapped/machined and roller ready that would be the biggest difference you could make. I would run something in the 206/206 @ .050" range with the shortest seat to seat duration I could find on a 110* LSA with about .470" lift and advance it about 4*.

Electronic Ignition!
    Unfortunately, I would have to go retro-fit roller with the block I have. Not enough money to do it. Thanks for the good info, anyway! Now I know what cam specs to look for if I do another build that is roller.

Fuel Injected!
    Unfortunately, I would have to go retro-fit roller with the block I have. Not enough money to do it. Thanks for the good info, anyway! Now I know what cam specs to look for if I do another build that is roller.
    A really nice single pattern grind would work alot better than the slow ramp Edelbrock grind, IMO.

Electronic Ignition!
    Any recommendations for a single pattern grind?

Fuel Injected!
    Any recommendations for a single pattern grind?
    With a cam that small a 110* LSA will not be that hard to tune. Just about all the normal manufactures make a cam in the 252-260 range that specs 202-210* @ .050 and low-mid .400s in lift. The stock swirl port heads really do not need higher than .450" valve lift.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cr...make/chevrolet

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cc...make/chevrolet

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lu...make/chevrolet

If you are decent at being able to tune the VE tables and the spark map, I would drop something like this cam in. I would install it 4* advanced. With the tight lsa and 4* advance it would close the intake valve quickly and capture alot of low-end cylinder pressure that would otherwise blow off.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/is...make/chevrolet

That being said I almost think their 256 Supercam would be better, but I really do not like the 112* LSA with a cam that small. Tighter LSA would bring the torque curve on earlier to match the heads, intake, exhaust, factory torque converter and gearing.

Electronic Ignition!
    I think I would prefer a tighter LSA after having this 112. It's ok, but, who wants just "ok"? I'm still a newborn in the world of tuning. I just figured out how to datalog! I'll check those cam grinds out! Thanks! Oh, and I do have a 2000 stall converter.
    Last edited by killface; 03-23-2015 at 11:13 PM.