Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 diesel .xdf and adx

Electronic Ignition! trickster555's Avatar

6.5 diesel .xdf and adx

wanting to start tuning on my friend's 6.5 diesel and I am stuck with no xdf and adx files. I obtained the BPDP and BPAA from bin files from the diesel place but the links for the masks are broken . I want the $ec $and eca $ecb and $ecs xdf and adx files or links to files if anyone has them

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rbo-DieselOnly 6.5L info I know of on this site.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Super Moderator
    as Mark mentioned a few years ago, those files did appear to be copied work(and legally unwise to continue hosting), I want to say the original work was done via Wester's Garage?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    I have an $EC xdf that I have been working on, created from scratch without ever seeing the copyrighted one. It's still somewhat basic and I haven't looked into differences for ECA/ECB yet. If you tell me specifically what you are interested in being able to modify then I'll try to make sure it's supported. Also do you have his bin? If you do I can verify that it matches the xdf.

Administrator
    The files linked previously were supplied by a member and may have been original work. Wester's claimed they were not and the contributor was asked to supply supporting documentation so files could remain up. Contributor declined so down they came.

We would be happy to host files as long as there is supporting work to answer any claims the defs are Wester's defs.

Fuel Injected!
    I believe User Quadstar87 on PCMHacking has done work with these PCMs...at least he's working on the reflash routine now.

I've got two diesel proms I can pull bins from if needed. Need to modify one also.
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS

Fuel Injected!
    I will be happy to provide all the supporting work including one mostly documented disassembly and four other disassemblies that I've been using for comparison. I've been cross referencing A225.ds and A226.ds along with other hacks. I can also show that I've been a professional programmer for nearly 15 years and have also done a commented disassembly and xdf for ALWB/$53 out of a 1991 Pontiac LeMans. In case anyone is curious I plan to use the LeMans throttle body setup on an air cooled vw as they are nearly the same displacement. Did you know that they were so cheap they didn't give the LeMans an IAT sensor even though the ecu and code supported it, instead they emulate it based on coolant temp if a flag is set.

Xnke - If Quadstar87 is working on a reflash routine he must be working on the ODB2 ecu's. I haven't looked into them much but seem to remember reading that they are still 68hc11 based unlike most other ODB2 GM ecu's that went to 68332. It would be interesting to see what code changes GM made over the years.

brian617 - The more bins we have available the better. I think there is a decent amount of code in these that could be removed or simplified and the space re-purposed for custom functionality. Plus the obvious benefit of comparing the calibrations between different vehicles. So far I have BNTB, BNTK, BPAA, BPBS, BPDP, and BRMM.

Administrator
    I will be happy to provide all the supporting work including one mostly documented disassembly and four other disassemblies that I've been using for comparison.
    Very generous offer!

I can also show that I've been a professional programmer for nearly 15 years and have also done a commented disassembly and xdf for ALWB/$53 out of a 1991 Pontiac LeMans.
    Cool, but I wasn't trying to make it sound like anyone's on trial. I just want to be sure that information provided backs up any claims that the definitions were not created using a pay-for definition that is restricted to the buyer only.

Quote Originally Posted by newellshk View Post

brian617 - The more bins we have available the better. I think there is a decent amount of code in these that could be removed or simplified and the space re-purposed for custom functionality. Plus the obvious benefit of comparing the calibrations between different vehicles. So far I have BNTB, BNTK, BPAA, BPBS, BPDP, and BRMM.
    You already have the two I have BPAA and BNTB

Fuel Injected!
    Well it's going to be a few more days because I am an idiot and let Micro$oft f*ck me. I lost all but four entries in the xdf because I hadn't saved it and brilliant windows 10 decided to install updates and reboot without any confirmation.

Of course the hard work is documenting the disassembly so this really just means starting over on the tedious data entry. I will certainly remember to save periodically from now on...

I have not been so angry in a long time.

Fuel Injected!
    https://www.pcmhacking.net/forums/vi...php?f=8&t=4671

Yep, he's working on the OBD2 stuff.

Fuel Injected!
    Here is a work in progress xdf. I have found that it matches all bins that I have except BRMM which is odd because it does have an EC mask. Anyone have any idea why a bin with the same mask has a different calibration layout, and any good ways to detect that (or inform the tunerpro user how to easily and confidently check). Maybe the BRMM bin is from an already modified memcal done by a 3rd party vendor...

I have successfully used this xdf to modify shift points, fuel, and base timing (starting with a stock BPBS bin), so I know that the checksum etc works.

It's still fairly basic at the moment but does have a lot of the common stuff that one would want to change. If anyone has any requests please speak up and I'll do what I can. I do plan to continue to expand it so expect updates in the next few weeks. It doesn't currently have any EGR stuff except for the DTC enable flags. I also haven't yet added a way to modify the pump calibration tables (or emulate changing the resistor), but I'm not sure if that's very useful since you can change base timing and base fuel.

If someone with permission wants to copy the xdf to:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...C-Turbo-Diesel
    that would be cool.

Admin note: XDF and disassembly also located at:http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post64990
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator
    Thank you!

Carb and Points!
    Just focus on the $EC mask for BPAA - BXPY is the latest rev. of that code base for auto trans also. It's a waste of time to look over the other masks for light duty applications.

What kind of ideas do you have for re-organizing code? I've done some but curious what other ideas you have after seeing the disassembly you found.