Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noob here from Texas

Fuel Injected!

Noob here from Texas

Hello I'm new here starting to try to learn to efi tune engines. I already got myself a copy of tuner pro and downloaded an xdf file and a bin for a 95 tahoe 5.7 off of this forum to use as base for my 95 gmc yukon tbi. All it's got right now is a true dual exhaust with glasspacks but I'm hoping to get an EBL flash by august to tune it easier and swap the heads for vortec heads plus a mild cam.

In my humble opinion, the 95 PCM coupled with an Ostrich 2 https://www.moates.net/ostrich-20-th....html?cPath=95 is on Par with the EBL system. The EBL system has a good system, and makes tuning easier for a beginner.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post

In my humble opinion, the 95 PCM coupled with an Ostrich 2 https://www.moates.net/ostrich-20-th....html?cPath=95 is on Par with the EBL system. The EBL system has a good system, and makes tuning easier for a beginner.

dave w
    I was thinking of the ebl cause I was looking for a headache free option to tune my truck once I start modding it. But I just found out while looking thru here that I would need a separate pcm for the transmission. But the ostrich 2 looks good what else would I need to start if I go with the ostrich 2.0?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by trippyjoey View Post
    Hello I'm new here starting to try to learn to efi tune engines. I already got myself a copy of tuner pro and downloaded an xdf file and a bin for a 95 tahoe 5.7 off of this forum to use as base for my 95 gmc yukon tbi. All it's got right now is a true dual exhaust with glasspacks but I'm hoping to get an EBL flash by august to tune it easier and swap the heads for vortec heads plus a mild cam.
    The 7427 is more than capable of handling the vortec heads, just keep the cam overlap somewhat low to make good vacuum and you will be good to go. I have used one to control a 350 with boost, nitrous, and even a 383 with TPI.

I was thinking of the ebl cause I was looking for a headache free option to tune my truck once I start modding it. But I just found out while looking thru here that I would need a separate pcm for the transmission. But the ostrich 2 looks good what else would I need to start if I go with the ostrich 2.0?
    The Ostrich 2 will plug into the G1 Memory Adapter https://www.moates.net/g1-memory-ada....html?cPath=64

To tune the TBI PCM (1993 ~ 1995 Red / Blue Connectors) I use Microsoft Excel to process the data log information. It's possible you will need to bring your Microsoft Excel skills up to an intermediate level? The EBL system does most of the "Microsoft Excel" work for you when it does the VE Learn.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    The Ostrich 2 will plug into the G1 Memory Adapter https://www.moates.net/g1-memory-ada....html?cPath=64

To tune the TBI PCM (1993 ~ 1995 Red / Blue Connectors) I use Microsoft Excel to process the data log information. It's possible you will need to bring your Microsoft Excel skills up to an intermediate level? The EBL system does most of the "Microsoft Excel" work for you when it does the VE Learn.

dave w
    I use the Autoprom and tune real time using TunerProRT and a custom ADX file that has a chart setup to calculate fueling changes. Copy paste into excel with the current VE table and it spits a new VE table out. Copy the new VE table into the program and click update changes and you can instantly feel and hear the changes. I do the same thing with timing, find the straightest, flattest roads I can find an make passes up and down the road at various steady speeds to dial in the timing.

Fuel Injected!
    Would I be able to leave the ostrich 2 plugged to the ecm since I'll be constantly tuning and running it to learn?
    Software wise I got tunerproRT and hardware wise I I only need an ostrich 2 and the g1 adapter?

Would I be able to leave the ostrich 2 plugged to the ecm since I'll be constantly tuning and running it to learn?
    Software wise I got tunerproRT and hardware wise I I only need an ostrich 2 and the g1 adapter?
    You leave the Ostrich 2 plugged in all the time. TunerPro RT will works great with the Ostrich 2! G1 memory adapter and Ostrich 2 is the only additional hardware needed.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    You leave the Ostrich 2 plugged in all the time. TunerPro RT will works great with the Ostrich 2! G1 memory adapter and Ostrich 2 is the only additional hardware needed.

dave w
    Alright then two g1 adapters and two ostrich 2 emulators

Alright then two g1 adapters and two ostrich 2 emulators
    Why TWO of each? Do you have two vehicles?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Why TWO of each? Do you have two vehicles?

dave w
    Yes two 95 GMC yukons

Fuel Injected!
    Btw I was looking into starting by tuning the transmission shift points and pressure for firmer shifts and I searched the forums but the info I found is confusing and can't seem to find the tables on my bin. I'm guessing it's cause it's for a 95.
    I uploaded a factory 95 tahoe tune and this is what I find under the 4L60Etransmission.jpg

Fuel Injected!
    Btw I was looking into starting by tuning the transmission shift points and pressure for firmer shifts and I searched the forums but the info I found is confusing and can't seem to find the tables on my bin. I'm guessing it's cause it's for a 95.
    I uploaded a factory 95 tahoe tune and this is what I find under the 4L60Etransmission.jpg
    The line pressure is already close to being maxed out at WOT, but you can firm up the part-throttle shifting. The line pressure table is referenced against vehicle speed and throttle position. You might be able to eliminate some of the pressure reductions during shifts, but go too aggressive and you will kill the crappy hard parts in the 60E. You want a transgo hd2, 093 servo and small epc adjustment to fix your transmission woes. On a ~400+ hp engine I killled a 4L65E spec transmission in under 10k miles.

Fuel Injected!
    Okay what about downshifting at WOT cause it annoys me when I'm driving and I go WOT and it takes a while for it to downshift for quicker acceleration.