I greatly appreciate all the information and all the opinions from board members! I feel sharing information and opinions is how everyone benefits and learns! The simple fact that automotive manufactures DO NOT provide manuals on how to program a PCM, or keep technical information under lock and key (password protected) is a challenge to all of us who choose to do retrofits of newer engine management / power train management systems.

The harness I'm simplifying is for an off-road application. The customer I have for this harness is in the business of building off-road only vehicles. I've been given an opportunity to become the supplier of LSx simplified harnesses and PCM flashes for this business. The current supplier is out of town a few states away. I was not able to examine a product from the current supplier. From my meeting with this customer, I asked about brake inputs and was told there current supplier did not have wires for brake inputs. During the meeting, I learned the current supplier did not require a VSS input to PCM. It would seem to me the Abuse Mode is defeated by the current supplier, either by setting Abuse Mode Enable RPM's to Maximum or Zero Out Abuse Mode Disable Speed. I really don't know VSS was eliminated, I was not able to read a PCM programmed by the current supplier.

My hopes for this tread is to share as much information as possible on either "How To" or "How NOT To" configure the brake inputs for Drive By Wire.

dave w