I thought about that Mark, but I felt like it was a bit weird to call it "Tuner" if there is no tuning functionnality. I'm not sure if it will ever get there as well so that's an issue. I was thinking about maybe thinking about something else no finishing with "droid" but I don't know.

Anyway tonight I just had an idea while driving back from work. I want to implement alarm tonight so the alarm in ADX file are used and indicators can turn red when alarm is reached. That's easy enough. I might add a vibrate option as well. Sound is a bit more tricky but could be done eventually.

But the idea I had is that we can push that a bit further. For example, lets say you're at the drag strip and you want an "Engine Saver" alarm. You would probably create an alarm for knock count but it could be hard for AFR as the AFR target vary based on MAP and RPM.

I was thinking we could have a complete alarms interface which would allow users to do something like:

IF (MAP > 100 AND AFR > 13) OR (KNOCK_COUNT > 5) THEN ALARM()

Or maybe:

IF (ABS(TARGET_AFR - AFR) > 1.0) THEN ALARM()

Values are just what I thought could sort of make sense but obviously this could all be configured. Alarm could be either a big red indicator on the screen and/or vibrate and/or sound.

So at the drag strip you would have your phone in your pocket (connected to your ECM via Bluetooth) and it could start vibrating to let you know that something is wrong and let off the gas pedal before you break a ring land or something.

Wouldn't that be cool ? Can you laptop do that Mark ?:P