Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
Look at EFI Connections SBC page part way down.

http://www.eficonnection.com/temp/24x_coming_soon.png

EFI connection just sells 24X and 58X conversion stuff.

The 96-97 LT1 had a 4X wheel and cover on it. Not sure how well it clears a double row chain.

Why not just get a good single row chain?
Ahhh.. Yes, this looks very similar to the TPiS billet timing cover that costs $300 (for just the cover) with the added CMP sensor modification.
EFIConnection's solution, while very slick, will most likely be very pricey.
I can't justify the cost for convenience factor if I can engineer a solution that better addresses my specific application at a fraction of the cost.
Just sayin'

I plan on essentially doing the same thing (CMP sensor still in the distributor) with a cast aluminum marine cover with the 4x reluctor at a fraction of the cost.
The 4x GM reluctor will clear a double roller chain if I put a spacer behind it (.150" or so from what I've read from others), which is simple enough to fabricate and also adding a sensor mount on the cover. I have a fairly expensive double row timing set that has less than 100 miles on it so pitching it and going back to a single is not an option.
I don't mind spending the money where necessary but in this case, I'd rather spend a little R&D time and spend the money on things I can't create on my own.
I appreciate the suggestions though and this is the kinda stuff I want to see and learn about-
Some of these things I'll end up using, others I won't but it's all good information regardless.
Thanks!
Elm