Thread: Megaswitch v.megasquirttesting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I can't say that I've noticed any difference there.

Honestly the processor speeds are much higher than need be for any of the three systems you mentioned won't affect throttle response. There are MANY, MANY other factors that will affect that more than processor speed.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    I can't say that I've noticed any difference there.

Honestly the processor speeds are much higher than need be for any of the three systems you mentioned won't affect throttle response. There are MANY, MANY other factors that will affect that more than processor speed.
    OK, so I should rather focus on getting my AE settings right, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Grip View Post
    OK, so I should rather focus on getting my AE settings right, I guess.
    Yes, AE, VE, timing, etc will all have a larger effect on throttle response than what system is used. :)
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Super Moderator
    on a 7747, TPS is updated at 80Hz, correct? assuming the engine is running at 2000RPM and you jump from 10% throttle up to 100% in 1/10th of a second, the TPS is going to be read and acted upon 8 times in that scenario.
    the engine is going to complete 3.333 revolutions in that 1/10th of a second.
    the engine is going to make .417 revolutions between TPS updates at that speed.
    with a 6 cylinder, that's 1.25 ignition events between updates. with an 8 cylinder, it's 1.67.

you would have to be able to feel 1 or 2 fuel/ignition events being less than optimal for there to be any sense of improvement. a hard miss is easy to detect, but a very mild misfire is awful difficult to detect.

if the TPS read is done at 160Hz(some GM OBD1 ECMs do this), then even with a V8, you're at less than one fuel/ignition event before the TPS is read and accounted for.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E