Thread: tunerpro and windows 10 compatiblity?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EDZIP View Post
    For the heck of it did you try one of those free product key recovery apps? Used them to recovery license numbers before reloading the OS.
    What do those apps actually do? I did use something to look up the key in the registry while I was online with MS. The way I understand it, Microsoft has deactivated my product key so it's no longer usable, but not sure. I tried to re-upgrade to Win 10 and it wouldn't even let me do that. I just swapped out the PC with a spare, so I'll be able to try to wipe and re-install Win 7. If that doesn't work, I'll probably just go back to XP on that one.
    1973 K-5 Blazer, TBI 350, TH400, 1 ton axles & 38" SSRs'
    1975 280Z, TBI 350, 700R4
    1953 M-38A1, TBI Buick 231
    1951 Ford Panel, 5.3 with 4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by fastacton View Post
    What do those apps actually do? I did use something to look up the key in the registry while I was online with MS. The way I understand it, Microsoft has deactivated my product key so it's no longer usable, but not sure. I tried to re-upgrade to Win 10 and it wouldn't even let me do that. I just swapped out the PC with a spare, so I'll be able to try to wipe and re-install Win 7. If that doesn't work, I'll probably just go back to XP on that one.
    If Microsoft couldn't find it..not sure what to tell you...but the apps are free and they do work to recover the producy key on an operating PC. What I did for my last two Windows 7 PC builds is go on eBay and buy for example laptop battery covers with the Windows 7 COA on them. Sometimes you can buy a non operating laptop cheap and use the COA number

Fuel Injected!
    To answer the original question, I have installed windows 10 on my laptop and to date have not experienced any problems with TunerPro. Primarily, I have only connected to the ecm and did a short log to verify those functions. The only thing that I did notice so far are the graphics are not quite as crisp as they were with previous additions of windows.

Electronic Ignition!
    Yes, I had issues after I upgraded my win7 to win10. TP ran, but my Log Files would not display any chart info in Monitors or Dash information. The data was there as I could see it in Items Lists. I tried running in win7 compatibility mode, still failed. Only after running Program Compatibility Troubleshooter would it properly display. Update: I worked one time only. Next time opened TP, back to lack of display. Microsoft Compatibility Troubleshooting not fixing, says Incompatible Program detected.
    Last edited by craigger; 05-20-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I see that this is an old thread, however, I need help.

For those of you who encountered difficulties and problems running TP on Windows 10 laptops, how did you resolve your issues? I have Win10 on my laptop and it can't connect with my Moates Auto Prom. On my laptop, COM ports 3 and 4 are already assigned to other activities which makes available COM 1 or 2. For some reason, in TP, my COM ports still appears as {COM1}. I've been able to clear the brackets, however, when I do the TEST, I still get an error message.

I'd appreciate learning from your experiences. Thanks.

Fuel Injected!
    did you open device manager and see which com port it asighed the auto prom?

Fuel Injected!
    Ony,

Yup I've been doing that but still no luck. I strongly suspect I am missing something small. I just found a reference in the Moates Support which suggests setting the Latency Timer for the COM1 port to 1 msec rather than the default 16 msec.

Thanks, I'll keep plugging away....