I don't have anything to update progress wise on the Pcm Hammer but I do have some updates on the Android app I've been working on for a while now.

I've been in contact with OBDLink and they have been kind enough to provide with with some commands not published in any of the literature they would normally provide developers since the commands are basically untested in the developed field..of course they have been tested internally and work fine they've just never had the limits pushed to see what they are capable of in a real world setting.

Well the commands are amazing, previous read time with my app was almost 30 minutes for a P01 and nearly an hour on the P59. I rewrote a good section of the app to work with the new command structure and I about fell over. The P01 is down to 12 minutes on the Pixel 2 and a hair over 13 minutes on an S6. The P59 is now just over 20 minutes for a complete readout, that's still a but long but it's a hell of a lot better then an hour like with the previous commands I had been using.

There is still a LOT of room for improvement on my end in the app itself, I'm loosing over 3 minutes on the block sum calculation's alone on the P01. That figure can be doubled on the P59 meaning once I get the speed of the sum's improved it's going to cut a considerable amount of time off this again. I'm aiming for read times on the P01 of under 10 minutes and less then 20 on the P59......but I've got some work to do still to get there.

And just so there's no confusion.....this is being done in 1x mode