Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
It sounds like the MAP readings when the engine is running are pretty close to accurate. I think I would move away from trying to get MAP readings to display on the laptop during KOEO and move toward diagnosing the driveability issue. MAP codes can be set by a very poorly running engine.

Assuming the spark is working and the timing is close, I believe the next test I would make is to ensure all eight injectors are firing. Injectors not delivering fuel can seem very much like a spark issue. I would probably start with a noid light at each injector connector, cranking the engine and watching for the light to blink consistently. Then I might do my best to get the engine to start and I would use a screwdriver to "listen" to each injector click or use a special tool that indicates when an injector is clicking to try to determine if there's a problem with injectors.

Would have not thought to check the injectors. They were new when I put the MPFI system in. Bought them as "new take off" that had been removed from a new crate engine. They did in fact look new and un used.
I might have in total, less than 10k miles on it over the years since I built the system. I know that means nothing as even brand new parts can go bad.
Of course it might not be them and could be the wiring.
I have a set of noid lights somewhere, just gotta dig through my storage to find them. Not even sure if they have ever been used!
Checking the fuel pressure was one of the first things I did when it first started acting up. It was good and steady.

I will start digging into that and start checking things (weather permitting) this weekend. The weather has been real hit and miss here, and I do not have a garage or car port. So I am at the mercy of the weather.