Thread: TBI ALDL info?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
    Instant readings don't tell you much when you're analyzing a dynamic system like an engine. My recommendation would be to provide a log of the engine running as CSV or XML or some other importable, graphable format so that you can graph the various parameters over time and compare them to other values as they change.

That said, it would appear your manifold air temp sensor is disconnected. Also, generally a BLM over 128 is indicating a lean condition, though again only seeing a tiny instantaneous reading doesn't tell us much about how the BLMs are reacting over time. Still, 136 is on the lean side of 128. If the majority of your BLMs are that far over 128, you may want to see about adjusting the injector constant to compensate and work from there.
    This RV doesn't have an intake air temp sensor on it. I was curious as well as to the -40 reading. I've looked high and low and definitely there is no IAT on this engine. As for the BLM, didn't have much of a run but was under the impression that 136 wasn't an issue. But with (29yrs) 74.XXX miles on this and the TBI haven never been rebuilt perhaps the regulator diaphragm is weakening. I'll be rebuilding it shortly here.

I've replaced pretty much all the rubber items and sensors due to age using Delco parts. Rebuilt the distributor replacing the ICM, Pick up coil, cap and rotor. Engine runs strong and no codes thrown.
    Last edited by udidwht; 04-23-2023 at 01:55 PM.
    1994 GM P-30 Southwind Storm 28ft
    454 TBI w/4L80E trans
    VIN #1GBJP37N4R3314754