Thread: 2.0L Turbo Sunbird GM REMAN ECM 16198263 NEW w/ used Mem-Cal

Carb and Points!

2.0L Turbo Sunbird GM REMAN ECM 16198263 NEW w/ used Mem-Cal

1227749 SS to 16198263 * 1990 2.0L Turbo Sunbird GM Remanufactured ECM
    Purchased in aprox 1998 for project car, long gone now. Purchased from GM PARTSDIRECT/Flow Chev. Never used/Box Opened. MEM-CAL for 2.0L Sunbird. Bin on PROM unknown (could be blank?). Can burn PROM with Last GM Service cal 2.0L Turbo. Knock board=2.0L T / PROM Sticker BC = AKDA 0527 Marked as 89 2.0L Turbo
    Make Offer. ECM in GM box with Flow Chev stickers

Carb and Points!

ECM and prom for sale

Quote Originally Posted by CottonPicker View Post
    1227749 SS to 16198263 * 1990 2.0L Turbo Sunbird GM Remanufactured ECM
    Purchased in aprox 1998 for project car, long gone now. Purchased from GM PARTSDIRECT/Flow Chev. Never used/Box Opened. MEM-CAL for 2.0L Sunbird. Bin on PROM unknown (could be blank?). Can burn PROM with Last GM Service cal 2.0L Turbo. Knock board=2.0L T / PROM Sticker BC = AKDA 0527 Marked as 89 2.0L Turbo
    Make Offer. ECM in GM box with Flow Chev stickers
    I'm interested in that ECM and prom if you still have it for sale. Let me know when you have a minute.

Tony

Carb and Points!
    I still have this. Make an offer with shipping!

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonPicker View Post
    I still have this. Make an offer with shipping!
    So this is a rebuilt ECM from GM and a new prom and you have the ability to burn the last calibration to it. Can you change anything in the calibration (fan turn on temp for example) or would you just be burning the GM calibration as they intended it? Just wondering. I'm not sure what to offer for it but I was thinking $100 shipped would be a reasonable offer. Would that work for you? I'd pay for it with Paypal.

Thanks,

Tony

Fuel Injected!
    CottonPicker is a good dude, if he can't change the calibration, I probably can, so if need be, he can email me the stock cal and I can alter it to your requests so he can program the eprom. My part will be at no charge to anyone.
    imo $100 is too cheap but I have no idea what these things are worth.
    -Carl

Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    CottonPicker is a good dude, if he can't change the calibration, I probably can, so if need be, he can email me the stock cal and I can alter it to your requests so he can program the eprom. My part will be at no charge to anyone.
    imo $100 is too cheap but I have no idea what these things are worth.
    I wish there was a like button for that comment.
    I don't think you will find another, never been used,one anywhere.
    Cotton Picker thought me a lot. Good guy
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Administrator
    So this is a rebuilt ECM from GM and a new prom and you have the ability to burn the last calibration to it. Can you change anything in the calibration (fan turn on temp for example) or would you just be burning the GM calibration as they intended it? Just wondering. I'm not sure what to offer for it but I was thinking $100 shipped would be a reasonable offer. Would that work for you? I'd pay for it with Paypal.

Thanks,

Tony
    Tony, I still have my gear. Hit me up if you need anything.

I agree Cottonpicker is a good dude. Top notch guy.

Shannen.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Tony, I still have my gear. Hit me up if you need anything.

I agree Cottonpicker is a good dude. Top notch guy.

Shannen.
    Thanks for the responses and vote of confidence for the seller, guys. Just waiting for him to say what he’ll accept for his parts and we can go from there. I may take you up on your offer Shannen! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone 🦃

Tony

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olzkng View Post

Thanks,

Tony
    The ECM is a GM reman from GM Parts at Flow Chev. (gmpartsdirect.com) Purchased aprox 2002 for a Turbo 2/0L Sunbird I bought to gain as much power with a T-3 Turbo. Time past and junked car. Rusty. Mem-Cal is not new. Used. Calibration on mem-cal prom unknown. I have files and can burn last service release from GM lib to the Mem-cal if you'd like. Mem-cal is rare. For 2.0L JB or Sunbird auto or manual. What years - don't remember anymore - AGE crept up when I wasn't lookin'.
    I can alter the calibration if you'd like. Then burn mem-cal before sending.
    ECM has not ever been powered up or a memcal in socket since purchased. Paid $145 at the time. Still in box from Flow Chev It's been opened and looked at.
    Accept your price shipped to you in lower 48. I do have a paypal account. Only used it to purchase. I prefer other payment. Send me a PM with info.
    Last edited by CottonPicker; 11-23-2022 at 02:26 AM.

Carb and Points!
    I just sent you a private message. Thanks!