Thread: Need compatible cable or device for TunerPro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    If the o2's are connected in the wrong spot, programming won't change that. Need to confirm o2's on each bank. Fuel trims are bank system,
    I did put in long tube headers and now that I think about it I don't remember if I checked which side has which O2. I think I went but right wire right side and left wire left side. The good news is that full write did the trick, and now fuel trims are back on. The bad news is that it runs like crap. I went to log but was too afraid to drive it too far. I noticed that when I tried to give it a bit more gas the short term bank 1 trim just went to nothing until I released some of the pedal. Giving it more gas felt like I could damage something.

I'm still trying to learn how to use trimalyzer and I'm guessing this means I'm running REALLY lean?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dukenukemx; 10-13-2022 at 11:52 PM.

if you look at your log with just open office or excell, or some other spreadsheet software, you can see the data in list form.

looking at your log, bank 1 is adding 50% While bank 2 is subtracting 30%.
    Either you have huge vacuum leak on one bank, exhaust leak on one or both banks, or sensor placement is wrong.
    That's the only reason I can think of that would cause the banks to be off in opposite directions, assuming engine is in good healthy mechanical order.
    wps_69ZlsjQWGT.jpg
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Also If you wish to use trimalyzer, you have to convert psi MAP to kpa, that can be done in spreadsheet software.
    Here is what the long term fuel trims look like in trimalyzer with the kpa conversion
    Bank1
    trimalyzer_BvAIWIuSyr.jpg.
    Bank 2
    trimalyzer_9HJL1md0xO.jpg

Administrator
    That's the only reason I can think of that would cause the banks to be off in opposite directions, assuming engine is in good healthy mechanical order.
    Swapping the O2 wiring side to side will do this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I would look at the data and unplug the sensors 1 by 1 and see what sensor reports no voltage, and see where voltage shows up when plugged back in.

if you look at your log with just open office or excell, or some other spreadsheet software, you can see the data in list form.
    That's really useful. I use Libre Office. I gotta see how that works.
    looking at your log, bank 1 is adding 50% While bank 2 is subtracting 30%.
    Either you have huge vacuum leak on one bank, exhaust leak on one or both banks, or sensor placement is wrong.
    wps_69ZlsjQWGT.jpg
    Never crossed my mind that I swapped the O2 sensors. You think I got the left and right side wrong or my upstream is now my downstream and vice versa? I did kinda rush this car to Chuck to get it tuned without thinking about any mistakes I did. I did ask him if he thought I created a vacuum and he said no, this is the result of the cam because I had a check engine light for map. Tomorrow I'll check my O2 setup and make sure everything is correct, and if everything is then I can do a smoke test for any vacuum leaks.

Also If you wish to use trimalyzer, you have to convert psi MAP to kpa, that can be done in spreadsheet software.
    Here is what the long term fuel trims look like in trimalyzer with the kpa conversion
    Bank1
    trimalyzer_BvAIWIuSyr.jpg.
    Bank 2
    trimalyzer_9HJL1md0xO.jpg
    I have no idea how to use spreadsheet software. I wonder if I can just set it to kpa in Torque app.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    It's really looking like I made this mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    That's really useful. I use Libre Office.

I have no idea how to use spreadsheet software. I wonder if I can just set it to kpa in Torque app.
    Changing the app would be best if possible, if not, I can help you with the conversion and how you can use trimalyzer, but first finish your mechanical as you have planned

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Never crossed my mind that I swapped the O2 sensors. You think I got the left and right side wrong or my upstream is now my downstream and vice versa?
    It's really looking like I made this mistake.
    Best not to assume, and to verify sensor placement

Got it done, and yea the O2's were swapped. Spent more time making sure the wires don't touch the exhaust and burn than just swapped the O2's. Took it for a ride and it works much better now, and did log it. Couldn't find the option to switch it to kpa so ralmo94 I may need you to show me how to do that conversion. I might try PCM Logger tomorrow since I got it from the github and not the microsoft store. From what I can tell it's as close to 0 as you can get, with some ups and downs that you wouldn't normally expect. Since now the transmission changes are done, it does feel a bit more sluggish compared to Chucks tune. I may want to change some things back but in a bit more safer way since chuck made solenoid pressure max. I can't make heads or tails out of Trimalyzer but maybe it's because I didn't convert it to kpa?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Glad you got it

I posted a spreadsheet on here that can help you visualize shift points with tcc events. Please read the first page of it.
    You should be able to mementary ground towhaul pin of pcm to use performance / towhaul schedules.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...4&d=1665603009
    I'll look at your log when I get back to my PC.

Glad you got it

I posted a spreadsheet on here that can help you visualize shift points with tcc events. Please read the first page of it.
    You should be able to mementary ground towhaul pin of pcm to use performance / towhaul schedules.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...4&d=1665603009
    I'll look at your log when I get back to my PC.
    Oh wow a guide. That will be useful. I do have a 07 Tahoe with a 5.3L I'm also itching to mess with. No performance mods. Just wanna get more performance and turn on lean burn mode. In due time.