Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
Definition files (.xdf) like Advanced $0E TP5 v250.xdf are actually a Hexadecimal Editors that identify parameters and tables. Most, if not all, of the tuning can be accomplished with Definition files (.xdf) like Advanced $0E TP5 v250.xdf The most common parameters updated or modified for tuning are Fuel tables and Spark Tables, similar to changing jets in a carburetor and changing distributor parts like weights, springs, and vacuum advance canisters.

Usually the Moates.net Burn2 will automatically set the 64K 27SF512 Chip Addressing 000000 ~ 00FFFF and the Buffer Addressing 000000 ~ 00FFFF.

Because $OE is a 64K .bin file, the Burn2 does not required offset programming for the 27SF512.

Moates.net Burn2

http://www.moates.net/burn2-chip-pro....html?cPath=94

http://static.moates.net/manuals/FlashAndBurn.pdf
Ahh I see what people mean when they say hex editor. What even is hex do you know a good source we’re I can do some more reading? Oh and and again thanks a ton for the reply’s and the help. Yeah I got a burn 2 and all that. I got my feet wet a little already one the crap ecm that’s in the truck it’s on a 27sf512 but stock bin still. It was my test subject for learning purposes. My first big task now is this pcm swap to the better one. I got all the moates memory adapter and zif socket etc already ordered and an AEM wide band with the bosh sensor with the kit and the gauge has an analog output for data logging. Kit comes with a harness and weld in o2 bung. And I have headers where is ideal placement? also sensor is 5 wire. Also should I install on same bank as factory narrow band or go to passenger side bank with my new sensor? Also my data logging that I’ve done historyogram blm numbers were average as low as like 90 and shit and higher up in the rpm range I get a lot of 130 and even 140s. I played little and cleaned it up a decent bit but it’s still a bit rough and I’m unsure. Having the AFR guage will be reassuring and I will be tackling the spreadsheet tuning method it seems like the logical path to success and a nice learning aid right? Also thanks again a ton for the help any thing else I might need? Oh and I got spare chips coming now too I can see how that could be nice. Oh and I’m goi g to upgrade my factory narrow band to the heated 3 wire as well for more accurate idling BLM logging and I noticed pulling over and shutting down to change the tune was really inconvenient cus the sensor would cool like seemed like right away or at least I had no clue if it was accurate till the mv got back up to like 8~9 hundred after a couple minutes of cruising. Looking forward to the wide band and the tuning of the new pcm