Hello all ...
Background: Did a howell EFI conversion for my J10 jeep. Uses late 80's gm truck ecm, and custom PROM from them that maintains California carb-compliance, which is main reason I got the kit. { A 1981 stock carb'd jeep would be a nightmare to keep smog legal. } Anyways, smog tests now pass easily. My new project is swapping in a 700R4 transmission, and thought it would be great to use the ecm to control the lockup, figuring gm could do it better than all the aftermarket options...
But, I am getting NO support from Howell anymore, I am just trying to get some basic questions answered, like does their prom use 3 or 4 speed automatic, or if there is even transmission control still enabled. Their prom / conversion kit definitely disables alot of the stock stuff , e.g. spark-control, egr control, etc.

So, my goal is, after getting up to speed with this site, is to first be able to "read" the prom I have, and see what they did for CA-legal conversion,
See if transmission control is enabled ... if not possibly re-enabling it.... See all the other parameters assumed ... e.g. i dont even know if axle gear is correct.

Anyways, I will try to find out all my answers here, figure out what i need to do the above.... and ask questions from you all....
Great site, cant wait to get going ....
J.