Thread: Project Turbo Deathkart

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    they like timing while n/a but under boost you definitely want to be conservative to say the least. 8psi is actually a lot for the stock LT1 compression and the brittle stock pistons. a few pings under load can really break stuff. most people call it a day at 6psi

if your closed loop cruise operating range is higher you can raise them up a bit, analyze the number of events per blm cell and see if they're actually getting used during real driving

why would you halve the injector flow constant? that will push twice as much fuel as it should, makes no sense. you need to halve the scale of the map axis of the VE table and anything that references the MAP sensor. the injector flow rate is a constant.

any changes you've made to the VE table based on trims from the MAF are no good, you'll need to chuck that table and tune it again with the maf disabled. is your goal to run a maf, or to run speed density? if you're going to pull through the maf and keep it that way, just tune the VE table enough as a backup so you can get home if your MAF dies

I'm planning to start at 4.5 psi (lowest wastegate spring I can run) and step it up to around 6 psi for now. I'm assuming at some point my self control will fade and I will turn it up to 8 though traction will likely be an issue before that's ever the case. Is 18 deg excessive?

Seems reasonable to watch BLM events and try to balance them to some degree, thank you!

Doesn't tricking the ECU into running in a different portion of all MAP values in speed density require halving the injector value as well? I know the tune I'm using as a reference as 15 lb injectors as a constant and he was running 30lb if I remember correctly.

One other curiosity for now: Is the primary controlling factor for closed loop fueling on a MAF system the MAF frequency calibration? I see stoich inputs (which I presume it uses as a target?) and a lot of other inputs for open loop/PE/etc
    Last edited by etravoda; 06-14-2021 at 12:15 AM.